Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Door dead locked & wont open manually

Hi guys

Been out the country for a couple of months - so long time no posts!!!

Anyway come back to a strange problem - drivers rear door is dead locked completely - simpley can't open it either from the key fob or manually - the remote button pops up and down but the door will not open - all other doors/tailgate work fine

Doesn't work from inside or outside using the manual door release/handle either?

So bacially looking at the other side because I cant open the door I can't get the panel off to look inside

I've also an 'Alarm Service Required' showing on the dash - suspect its related, tried a cheapo code reader but can't detect or remove fault

Any ideas how I can get the door open ????

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm hoping someone else will give you an easier answer to this, but I seen a similar thing happen to an old Primera a mate had. Basically a part had broke and he had two options. 1 takes a grinder to it (I'm almost positive you don't want to do that) or 2 (what he done) took it to a garage. They removed all the window seals and the window from the out side and basically disabled the door catch from inside the car. Cause it was tricky for the mechanic it cost a bit more but it was a back street mechanic and if my memory serves me right I think he paid about £80. Hope this helps but someone will probably come along with an easier answer, which I'll be looking out for.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    UEM reset? Have you tried it?

Get in the car, close ALL the doors, put the key in the ignition @ position II (do not start the car) Whilst that's there, pull up both the front window switches (drivers door) for about 10 seconds.

Take the key out of the ignition, now Lock & unlock the car twice using the fob. (do not get out or open the door before this!)

This should reset the Upper Elecronic Module or front electronic brain in the car and correct any minor electrical/electronic glitches.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Friday 14th August 2009),Porcine_Aviator (Friday 25th September 2009),volvoturboman (Friday 14th August 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger View Post

Get in the car, close ALL the doors, put the key in the ignition @ position II (do not start the car) Whilst that's there, pull up both the front window switches (drivers door) for about 10 seconds.

Take the key out of the ignition, now Lock & unlock the car twice using the fob. (do not get out or open the door before this!)

This should reset the Upper Elecronic Module or front electronic brain in the car and correct any minor electrical/electronic glitches.
    Now that is one peice of information I'll be keepig in mind. I know it ain't my post but thanks anyway.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think that it works on the P1 V70's, but it is a deffo for the P2.

If the car is ex-plod, check the rear fusebox (passengers side rear handled panel) as there may be a fuse away.

But one of my doors occasionally "pops" open it's lock when I lock all the doors from inside with the switch.

Try the reset, & it may well cure the problem

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger View Post

Thought we were on to a winner with that one thebadger!!!

Just tried it in the car park at work - didn't cure the problem

I'll take a look at all the fuses later today in the back

Cheers so far

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I remember when my mum owned an Astra which had a dead lock ability, some tube attempted to break in using a screwdriver which humped the lock thus jamming on the centarl locking.

The nice man fron the AA showed me a trick involving a flat steel object & a hammer which popped all the door locks.

Basically you had to put some thin flat solid item between the front door & wing near the bottom of the cill, you then hit it with a hammer, which made the car suspect an accident, which would them pop all the door locks. (helps the firebrigade gain access in the event of an accident)

Wouldn't reccomend it on the Volvo tho!

Do the bottom parts of the rear seats not come out of your car?

My ones release by pulling out a red plastic tab.

Should allow you to get the pop holders off the door card. (remember the screw in the handle.)

Let us know how you get on!

This user has no status

Thanks

Dead locked passenger rear door

Firstly thanks for all the suggestions - however you can't gain access with the seats removed - even tried stuffing rods/wire down the window glass etc etc to see if anything would budge!!!!.

So next step apart from cutting the door card off and replacing (which I can't find a match anywhere)

Has anyone tried drilling the 2 bolts that attach the door hinges to the 'b' post - two big bolts - but once there gone then would I be able to gain access into the door by pulling the front edge of the door outwards?????

This is really ****** me off

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Bad idea... the B post is like the main structural support for the chassis.

I'd look at getting the seats out first.

What is your car an S60? or a V70?

I'll take a pic of the back door without the card on it for you at the weekend if you like..

Drivers side or passengers?

You could drill the securing pins for the card, they're easy to replace.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Did you try to remove the door seal from the inside edge?

Should allow you to access the card edge.

Thread Information