Join Today

Thread: S40 clutch

This user has no status
    Thanks

S40 clutch

Hi
    All
    The thrust bearing in the wifes car is squarkin like a parrot according to the mrs opened the bonnet today whilst the engine was running and yep it sure is had a quick look around and i couldnt find the parrot. But found plenty of metal fileings on top of the gearbox. Does anybody know where i can get a cheap'ish 3 in one clutch kit as i kinda had a heart murmer at £100 with vat for the thrust bearing the two plates were £125 with vat un fitted from a motor factor. cheers all Ady

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    theres usually about 30% off retail prices of clutches from us for genuine volvo clutches, making quite a difference, so may be worth a quote if only for a comparison. If you would like a price of a discounted genuine clutch kit, please send me your registration number in a pm and i will do it when next online.

Simon
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    edit
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Si
    cars being done at the garage now it was £260 3 in one kit all fitted. But after today it's gone up as the shaft sheild is damaged and cost's £35.00 from volvo so a grand total of £295.00 for a clutch fitted.

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Not too bad a price for a garage job I got my clutch kit from the local factors for £180. then about 6hours ont the road to fit it.
    Glad you got sorted. The thrust bearings are sh** on these cars and they always make some noise after a couple of years. I hate the "centripedal thrust bearing" Oh if they'd only stuck to a conventional fork system, and while I'm whinging why the hell don't all manufacturers use the old vauxhall system with a shaft that can be withdrawn from the clutch plate centre and the clutch can be dropped out of an access slot in the bottom of the bellhousing! God those were great days I changed the clutch on my little Nova in an Hour and no pissing around pulling hubs,driveshafts,gearboxes out of the way.
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

Thread Information