Join Today

Thread: car is no more

This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy car is no more

well thats the end ov my t5

while driving home last night a oil pipe from the intercooler split covering the car and road in oil, was doing 50 at the time on daul carriage way.by the time i knew the car had cut out and left me in the middle ov a round about,as a result the engine is now seized so its parked outside ma drive till i can decide what to do.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    damn, i've had the same pipe come off on me. But luckily it was as i parked up in a car parked & i noticed the pool of oil underneath

hoep you fix it back up

This user has no status
    Thanks
    never say its no more mate. New engines arent that expensive now and you could salvage most of the ancilaries from the old engine. Look on the up side, with a new engine you may find that the car may possible run better and be faster!

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear that,always a shame when one of these cars goes.

But keep the faith and do like me,put a new engine in(reconditioned)and then you'll be on your way for the next 10 years at least.

gr,walter
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Get this one cheap for spares for yours! lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-VOLVO-850...d=p3286.c0.m14
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Aw mate that's grim, hope you can afford to fix her up again, would be a shame to give in after something like that.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Last time I was there the place in Scarborough where we bought our car from had 3 T5 engines laying around. They are a T5 dismantler and said most folks are after the little parts like trims etc. They are on fleabay.
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

This user has no status

Thanks
    managed to get a t5 engine with 140k on the clock . now need to see if i can get it going again.no real facilities doesnt help and work wont let me into the mechanics area anymore so could be fun times ahead.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    I had the same problem, I was miles away from home, and just gone through Cannock when my oil light came on. I knew straight away what it was, as there aren't that many things that can dump that amount of oil quickly.

Anyway, I managed to get to the nearest petrol station, had a look underneath the bonnet and the bottom oil haose had come off, and dumped almost all the oil. Fortunately the clamp was still attached to the hose. So I purchased a hose clip and a tub of oil and repaired it there and then on the forecourt. It has still got the hose clamp on it now and it happened a year ago. I was very lucky that I knew what it was and caught it in time.

Hope you get it sorted matey
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Anybody got a pic of said pipe? I want to check mine!

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Its at the bottom left of the radiator (looking from the front of the car), the pipe is about 2.5cm in diameter, you cant miss it. There is one exactly the same at the top left of the radiator (obviously inlet/outlet). They're held on by some crappy metal clamps/clips.

Number 4 for the bottom hose, and 8 for the top hose
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Thread Information