Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    True, very true!
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    Well using your thinking Jod,if that be the case then any expected increase will be lower as it will accentuate these weaknesses,
    Last edited by AlanG; Saturday 8th August 2009 at 18:36.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmmmmmm no sign of the chip as yet not worried so far as other have waited 10 - 12 days for delivery. its only been 7 for me so far!
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm no sign of the chip as yet not worried so far as other have waited 10 - 12 days for delivery. its only been 7 for me so far!
    hope they haven't done the same thing as the company/chap selling the bonnet pins i brought off ebay. Should of been sent out first class so was expecting them yesterday but no sign of them, went & had another look at the advert to make sure i wasn't rushing it, & after i'd brought & paid for them he's gone on & put a message saying he's going off on his hols now till the 31st & everything will be sent when he gets back

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs down And its all gone pete tong!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well the chip arrived today YAY! with full fitting instructions, so i promptly went about un-soldering the original chip and soldering in the new one!
    All good so far! But........................... Now it wont start, and the cooling fan is on all the time! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Help anyone? Also, anyone breaking a 1994 T5 Auto who would sell me a spare engine ecu so I can use the car while i investiagte why the damn thing wont start! Plz txt or call me 07817 340943

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Remove it immediately, put it in the bin, then call Hamish at HLM.

Put the whole thing down to experience.

You could cause more damage trying to fiddle with it.

Its just not worth it - leave it to the experts.
    Volvo 855 2.5 10v CD

Its got everything except a turbo - boo hoo...

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I saw the eBay ad too, but decided against it - Lithuania is too far to go to make a 'forceful' complaint. And they tend to have big burly 'security' personnel I was in Estonia a while back and believe me, guns are readily for hire

Stick with RICA or MTE - they're reputable and won't have dubious/dangerous maps. In the meantime, don't drive the car with that chip in it...
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    I saw the eBay ad too, but decided against it - Lithuania is too far to go to make a 'forceful' complaint. And they tend to have big burly 'security' personnel I was in Estonia a while back and believe me, guns are readily for hire

Stick with RICA or MTE - they're reputable and won't have dubious/dangerous maps. In the meantime, don't drive the car with that chip in it...
    Can't drive it with that chip in, it won't start

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Gents, Its a hole through chip, from good ole e-bay! Comes direct from Germany and cos me £105 including postage, claiming to increase the BHP to 310 with 460NM torque on a stock engine, howver mine has a free flow S/S exhaust so im hoping for 330bhp ish.....

Item link is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have contacted other buyers of the chip and they all say its made a huge improvement to power and driveability......

Lets wait and see eh........... More to follow when the chip arrives lol
    330bhp? keep taking the tablets mate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

anyone fancy having a go at this chip for me????? I have been today to the local breakers and got another ecu from a T5 for £20.... Slotted it in and it starts and runs fine! YAY!

The one with the re-mapped chip in is here on my desk, all seems ok on the board nothing untoward to the naked eye????? But in the car it causes the cooling fan to run all the time and the engine wont start (not even a glimmer )

Theres gotta be someone out there who fancies a go at sorting it for me, dont wanna throw the ecu away for summat simple that i may be missing!

J

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Stupid question I know....but you have put the chip in the right way around haven't you?..
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well its not a stupid question as all help is greatly appreciated, i was going by the small semi circle cut out in the chips body as the marker for its position on the board, replacing like for like if you know where im coming from, the replacment chip has only 28 legs whereas the original one has 32, the instructions state that this is the EWS II ecu type, stating also that the EWS immobiliser will not function???? (Im guessing that this is referring to a "transponder type" key system which the T5 doesnt have???

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    As someone has said mate........Chuck it in the bin and call Hamish.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dont think so alan, cant throw away £100

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well its not a stupid question as all help is greatly appreciated, i was going by the small semi circle cut out in the chips body as the marker for its position on the board, replacing like for like if you know where im coming from, the replacment chip has only 28 legs whereas the original one has 32, the instructions state that this is the EWS II ecu type, stating also that the EWS immobiliser will not function???? (Im guessing that this is referring to a "transponder type" key system which the T5 doesnt have???
    Maybe in the 4 missing legs is the ignition?
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Dont think so alan, cant throw away £100
    Appreciate the outlay Johnny as times are hard. What about putting it back on fleabay? Hamish is reliable and honest and most importantly you have aftersales. Just a thought mate.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmmmmmmmmm i dont know..... Instructions says for BMW E36 M3 and VOLVO 850 T5 the chip is shorter than the original by 4 pins (28 instead of 32)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Had thought of that Alan, but dont wanna sell a duff item on ebay if the chip is useless........ Im thinking ive done something wrong in the fitting of the chip to the board, wondered if there was anyone out there who could take a look at it for me, a second pair of eyes might reveal summat you never know??????????

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Tbh if it's a shorter chip then it's always possible that it's not in the correct position..i.e. if you've put the gap at the wrong end. Did you fit a chip socket or just solder the chip back in?. You'd be better buying yourself a chip socket from somewhere like CPC, solder that in and then you can try a few variations of fitting the chip without further damage to it.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmmmmmmmmm i dont know..... Instructions says for BMW E36 M3 and VOLVO 850 T5 the chip is shorter than the original by 4 pins (28 instead of 32)
    Sorry to hear mate that it all went south

But i was just thinking logical(i'm no expert) but when the original has 32 legs than in my opinion the replacement should have that to(with other info on it)

Or am i'm being daft now?
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

Thread Information