Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I soldered the chip in like for like! (afterthought that a socket would have been a good idea)

I used a low temp thin tip iron, lead free solder, a good flux and an anti-static wrist band
    Kinda took all the precautions i could bar putting a condom on aswell! lmao
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Walter, maybe you are right, im just going by the instructions that came in the box m8y!

Think i need to have someone take a look at it for me before i do anything else, atleast i can use the car now i have a spare ecu!
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Lol, well other than having it a couple of pins out there's not much more you could have done. If I where you I'd get that socket ordered and fitted, then you can play around with the chip to your hearts content. Maybe also contact the original suppliers and ask their opinion.

If you want me to have a look I will, I used to repair PCB's that owners had buggered up trying to fit upgrades etc.. You'd have to post it to me though.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Tomcat, Im going to PM you. Thanks J

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Anyone know wether these ecu's self learn? The car is driving fine, although seems to be a little hesitiant and slightly underpowered Wondered if the ecu has to learn some parameters from my engine / driving style?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Anyone know wether these ecu's self learn? The car is driving fine, although seems to be a little hesitiant and slightly underpowered Wondered if the ecu has to learn some parameters from my engine / driving style?
    I think the ecu's are a bit self learning,but to what extend i don't know;
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walter leever View Post
    I think the ecu's are a bit self learning,but to what extend i don't know;
    Mine learned origamy within 9 hours.....Sorry I didn't mean origamy..I meant correct afr and had the car running perfectly..
    Last edited by AlanG; Sunday 23rd August 2009 at 22:32.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hahahaha very good! So i guess i will have to drive it then! oh well....... hehe more fun for me

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Mine learned origamy within 9 hours.....Sorry I didn't mean origamy..I meant correct afr and had the car running perfectly..
    Must have been a different one than mine,i've got it housebroke and fetching the newspaper
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    yes, mine takes about 4 cranks before it will even start & idle properly because of the mods i've done. I believe the Volvo books says it can take upto 75 mile to learn & set itself correctly

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    Johnny,ECUs do adapt and "learn" generally within a few miles. When I had mine re-mapped it took a number of miles for it to settle. Was misleading though as I was having idle speed issues beforehand but was perfect 850rpm when I changed the ECU. Within a couple of days the idle was at 1100 again so I called Hamish (HLM) and that was when I learned that they....well....learn. Vacuum leak. They have lives of their own mate..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    @@@@@@@@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Tomcat has my ecu now, lets hope the man can wave the magic wand! lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I am sure tomcat can sort it for you if anybody can he is master volvo
    Living the volvo dream!!

Thread Information