Join Today

Thread: Water problem

This user has no status

Thanks

Angry Water problem

hi,
    I am having problems with water in the passenger side footwell...I have checked the heater matrix and the waterways all o.k. but i have recently had problems with the air con...I have had a new compressor fitted and a tank..the air con goes really cold but when it is workigg I am finding water dripping from the area of the fan assembly..
    Any advice would be much apprecited.
    regards mel

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    does it only happen when the air con is switched on? if it does perhaps the evap drain is blocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smudgethecat For This Useful Post:

mel 2079 (Tuesday 4th August 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had problems with water in my footwell. Had no idea where it was coming from, except dripping under the glove box somewhere, heater matrix was spot on, no leaks or green stuff round the pipes, the evap drains where clear, as where the windscreen drains etc.

I noticed it only really happened when it rained really heavy, and it all started after a couple of weeks of having the screen replaced.

Anyway, thanks to the council i had to have a new screen fitted again 2 months later thanks to them dressing the roads and some knob burning past and kicking stones up which cracked the screen.

had a new screen fitted, by some better people and not had water in the footwell since. The reckon the previous screen fitters did a monkey job of it which is why i was getting water in the footwell.

Have since tested the screen with a fire hose for a stupidly long time and a stupid amount of water later and no water in footweel

So it might be worth getting a hose on the screen and drenching the thing for a while and see what happens

This user has no status
    Thanks
    aybe its the sweat from your passengers as you drive it "Volvo style" LOL.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smudgethecat View Post
    does it only happen when the air con is switched on? if it does perhaps the evap drain is blocked
    thanks very much...not very technically minded...where do I find the drain.?

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    I had something like this and I took the car into a garage, they said it was an aircon drain hose that had come loose under the front passenger seat, they reconnected it and solved the problem. Sadly I don't know where the hose runs, but you might like to have a look under the seat.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

mel 2079 (Tuesday 4th August 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks very much but the water appears to be dripping off the underside of the blower housing.
    regards mel

Thread Information