Join Today

Thread: Volvo The Game

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks

Volvo The Game

How do you fancy playing with a S60 Concept car? Not for real but a game you can download onto your PC from the Volvo.com website?

Clicks be here please

There's a load screen and then you get to the page where you can download the game.

Before you download it make sure your PC will run it., it's a 570mg download and it needs 1 gig of hard drive space.

I ran a virus check on it and it's clean, but then I would hope it is coming from Volvo's website.

I'm off to try it out.

Have fun.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Old Fart
    Thanks
    I've just had a great time driving a TWR 850 around Gothenburg, well driving into armco, turning her over. And going the wrong way around the circuit and getting told off by the voice over.

But you get the chance to pick your car, and two circuits to drive on, it's fun if you like driving games.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Smile

Ya big kid!!!

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Yep that's me
    I can crash into stuff at high speed and live to tell the tail. My daughter has just said "I'm glad you don't drive like that in real life or I don't think I would be around."

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    neither of my computers will play the game

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Ditto...mine won't either!!
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Needs vast amount of RAM. Mine is 1GB and not enough. To run it properly and support everything else you have,I would suggest 4GB......

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My 3Gb ran it no prob on me lil lappytop... good game good game in the words of the great
    Bruce Forsyth lmao..!!!!

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    neither of my computers will play the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Ditto...mine won't either!!
    Sorry to hear that both, I've been having fun doing timed laps, so that I get to know the tracks and then I'm going to play with the big boys.

There's a section that asks you to log in, I don't know if that means you get to play online against other kids, I'll have to look into it. But not until I can get my lap times down, and I stop crashing into the armco.

Mrs P.A. says that this machine, which is the one I'm playing it on only has 2 gig and she would know she built it.

She built a new one for the offspring last week, massive gaming machine with a huge cooling fan on the front. Bloody thing takes three quarters of a kilowatt of power to run it. Four cores each running 3.2 gigahertz, 4 megs of RAM, graphics card is a 1gig Radion Crossfire inside it looks like this

The second picture shows the 4gigs of RAM.

The copper pipework is for the refrigeration unit to keep it cool, so she's not going to need any heating in her room when she goes back to uni next month.

Don't know if I mentioned it before but she's doing a degree in Computer Game Design so she needs a big machine to do the work on.

DELL were quoting us Ł4000 to build a machine like this, Mrs P.A. built it for Ł657 so it yet another Bruce Forsyth catchphrase "Didn't she do well"?
    Last edited by Porcine_Aviator; Saturday 1st August 2009 at 09:47.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcine_Aviator View Post
    She built a new one for the offspring last week, massive gaming machine with a huge cooling fan on the front. Bloody thing takes three quarters of a kilowatt of power to run it. Four cores each running 3.2 gigahertz, 4 megs of RAM, graphics card is a 1gig Radion Crossfire inside it looks like this

The second picture shows the 4gigs of RAM.
    looks very impressive mate, bth the description might as well of been written in French for what it means to me (it was English!! lol). As you can guess i don't know a thing about computers

The copper pipework is for the refrigeration unit to keep it cool, so she's not going to need any heating in her room when she goes back to uni next month.
    i've got a refrigerated glovebox, not sure how they compare lol

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    looks very impressive mate, bth the description might as well of been written in French for what it means to me (it was English!! lol). As you can guess i don't know a thing about computers

i've got a refrigerated glovebox, not sure how they compare lol
    I've got to --- I've got to I can't stop myself
    Elle a établi un neuf pour la progéniture la semaine derničre, machine massive de jeu avec un ventilateur énorme sur l'avant. La chose sanglante prend trois quarts d'un kilowatt de puissance de le courir. Quatre noyaux chaque 3.2 gigahertz courant, 4 mégabytes de RAM, carte graphique est un courant perturbateur de 1gig Radion ŕ l'intérieur qu'il ressemble ŕ ceci La deuxičme image montre le 4gigs du RAM. La canalisation de cuivre est pour que l'unité de réfrigération la maintienne fraîche, ainsi she' ; s n'allant pas avoir besoin de tout chauffage dans sa chambre quand elle retourne uni ŕ le mois prochain. Don' ; t savent si je mentionnais lui avant mais she' ; s faisant un degré dans la conception ainsi elle de jeu d'ordinateur a besoin d'une grande machine pour effectuer le travail dessus. DELL nous citaient Ł4000 pour construire une machine comme ceci, Mme P.A. l'a construit pour Ł657 ainsi il encore un autre " d'accroche de Bruce Forsyth ; Didn' ; t elle font le well" ; ?

There you go total incomprehensible

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Saturday 1st August 2009)

Thanks
    I've got to --- I've got to I can't stop myself
    Elle a établi un neuf pour la progéniture la semaine derničre, machine massive de jeu avec un ventilateur énorme sur l'avant. La chose sanglante prend trois quarts d'un kilowatt de puissance de le courir. Quatre noyaux chaque 3.2 gigahertz courant, 4 mégabytes de RAM, carte graphique est un courant perturbateur de 1gig Radion ŕ l'intérieur qu'il ressemble ŕ ceci La deuxičme image montre le 4gigs du RAM. La canalisation de cuivre est pour que l'unité de réfrigération la maintienne fraîche, ainsi she' ; s n'allant pas avoir besoin de tout chauffage dans sa chambre quand elle retourne uni ŕ le mois prochain. Don' ; t savent si je mentionnais lui avant mais she' ; s faisant un degré dans la conception ainsi elle de jeu d'ordinateur a besoin d'une grande machine pour effectuer le travail dessus. DELL nous citaient Ł4000 pour construire une machine comme ceci, Mme P.A. l'a construit pour Ł657 ainsi il encore un autre " d'accroche de Bruce Forsyth ; Didn' ; t elle font le well" ; ?

There you go total incomprehensible
    nope sorry, that & computer speak look exactly the same to me lol

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Well it was worth a try

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Fastest timed lap 59.36seconds, but I'm getting destroyed in the race, the sods keep hitting me and turning me over.

Thanks
    but I'm getting destroyed in the race, the sods keep hitting me and turning me over.
    just like real BTCC racing then lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My computer could play it, if the game was available for us Apple Mac users.

I downloaded it onto my dads PC (what a horrible experience that was) just to play the game. Its not a bad game, just very basic.
    Darren

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Yep it's basic but fun. The crowd are a bit wooden though and there's no fires when you have a really bad smash.

I was watching a replay of me doing a lap and I could have sworn that I looked like The Stig! All in white with a black visor.

Thread Information