Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

HLM 304 Power Increase

Hello - going to fit the HLM 304 ECU soon, just need to complete a few remaining minor jobs first.

The insurance company want to know how much extra BHP it will give over stock.

I havn't got a custom exhaust, the only thing I do have non-stock is a K&N filter. The cars done about 100k.

I'm sure there must be a few on here with 304's and no other mods - I would just like to know what kind of power you guys have measured. Ive seen in previous posts figures of 250-260 banded about. Would this be a fair estimate or has anyone seen less or more than this?

Thanks

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    your about right, probably 270-280bhp on a good day

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Mines putting out 267 at the wheels but that's with an exhaust as well, your probably looking at about 250 ish...
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Mine is 257bhp with the HLM 304 and a pipercross panel filter

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Mines putting out 267 at the wheels but that's with an exhaust as well, your probably looking at about 250 ish...
    That seems high for just a re map and exhaust/filter?
    That'll be near 300bhp at the flywheel.

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Meh, I have the printout for it somewhere...

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Wasn't disputing it, just seemed, well, good

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    No probs, wasn't arguing myself.

Previous cars:

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Yeah i remember that day TC, thats the day the operator couldnt run mine properly and only read 222bhp

Since then its been run properly @ 257bhp with just a map and filter.

I need an exhaust for the other 10bhp or whatever it is the give

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 96T5Andy View Post
    Hello - going to fit the HLM 304 ECU soon, just need to complete a few remaining minor jobs first.

The insurance company want to know how much extra BHP it will give over stock.

I havn't got a custom exhaust, the only thing I do have non-stock is a K&N filter. The cars done about 100k.

I'm sure there must be a few on here with 304's and no other mods - I would just like to know what kind of power you guys have measured. Ive seen in previous posts figures of 250-260 banded about. Would this be a fair estimate or has anyone seen less or more than this?

Thanks
    If your insurers want to load your premium for a increase in BHP will they offer a discount for safety features..such as better performing brakes? or a strutt brace to improve handling...

Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dont tell them..............
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    My renewal has just come round, I declared all the mods and the price only went up by £40. Not bad I'd say.

The broker is Chris Knott, they advertise on here.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jez.w View Post
    Dont tell them..............
    I take it that was a joke, if not, pray you don't have a bump where you are incapacitated and can't return the car to standard before the loss adjuster comes knocking.

I have said it before and I make no apologises for saying it again, insurance companies make it their business to trawl through enthusiast forums such as this to gather information to enable them to refuse future claims.

All it would take is a picture of your car in it's modified state, on the road, for them to knock your claim back, regardless of what state it was in when they examined it.

Remember they are the one's holding the wedge and it's down to you try and get the money out of them.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi all. I got 40BHP extra at peak torque - which gained 70lb, on my R with 18T.
    Mines done 165K though and I think the turbo aint as chipper as it once was so I was pretty impressed. Can't speak highly enough of Hamish and his colleagues @HLM. Very professional. My actuator needed adjusting though as it was only giving 0.8bar without which I'd have seen no extra boost and none of the benefit of the remap, so am pleased I had them do the install for me.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.
    Shame Admiral don't work on more of a sliding scale with mods -
    0-10% BHP increase is free (apparently)
    11-25% will cost me £130 extra...

Oh well can't grumble at least i'm not 17 and paying over a grand for a 1 litre

Jod - I would be surprised if they decrease the premium for modified brakes they seem to just add on money for modifications rather than take it off no matter what you improve (unless its an alarm)... If you are speaking from experience and know that this does decrease the premium this is helpful to know, thanks.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

All our cars are becoming elderly so unless fresh from an overhall and without a rolling road read out I think it's nigh on impossible to even hazard a guess. When I spoke to Hamish prior to my re-map he said to expect 265-270bhp (280 map) but that would be with everything perfectly healthy. It is healthy and flies like the wind but I'm comparing it to what it used to be,so it's relative. Sooner or later if you declare your mods the insurance companies will be demanding proof of output which will be at our expense. No win situation.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    I take it that was a joke, if not, pray you don't have a bump where you are incapacitated and can't return the car to standard before the loss adjuster comes knocking.

I have said it before and I make no apologises for saying it again, insurance companies make it their business to trawl through enthusiast forums such as this to gather information to enable them to refuse future claims.

All it would take is a picture of your car in it's modified state, on the road, for them to knock your claim back, regardless of what state it was in when they examined it.

Remember they are the one's holding the wedge and it's down to you try and get the money out of them.
    A few years ago i had a modded CRX Vtec which was lowered and had large alloys, exhaust, uprated brakes etc, etc. I was hit by another car when i was stationary and i was paid out with no questions asked, apart from the alloys you probably couldnt tell, and the alloys were on the car when i bought it so i could say i didnt know they werent standard.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Smile

Nice to hear a success story.......

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez.w View Post
    A few years ago i had a modded CRX Vtec which was lowered and had large alloys, exhaust, uprated brakes etc, etc. I was hit by another car when i was stationary and i was paid out with no questions asked, apart from the alloys you probably couldnt tell, and the alloys were on the car when i bought it so i could say i didnt know they werent standard.
    oh dear here we go again. All i can say is you were very lucky, the fact it was guaranteed not your fault as you were stationary is probably the reason they weren't bothered as the money was coming off the other insurance company. If insurance companies think there might be any reason they can get out of paying for a your fault claim they will. Insurance companies have even got access to the information stored on the ECU which is the case of P2 is everything, even down to whether you were wearing your seat belt.

I you do get caught not declaring any mods your insurance is automatically void, however if they find out because of/during an accident claim the third party will still be paid out. Your insurance company will then take you to court to recover those costs back

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 96T5Andy View Post

Jod - I would be surprised if they decrease the premium for modified brakes they seem to just add on money for modifications rather than take it off no matter what you improve (unless its an alarm)... If you are speaking from experience and know that this does decrease the premium this is helpful to know, thanks.
    Lol, no i was being, typically sarcastic..Ignore me...
    Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

Thread Information