Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

P2 Volvo V70 Commercial

Can anyone tell me where this came from, how much they cost and why there are not a whole lot more running about?

I was working at Oxegen, Irelands biggest music festival, last week and while securing one of the gates I saw something quite spectacular. It was a phase 2 Volvo V70 van. Like any proper car derived van it had metal sections where the windows would go and a proper steel floor etc. It was German reg and had all the creature comforts up front, Leather and so on. I was in the market for a van last year and never even knew they exsisted or needless to say I have had one. Had the proper volvo SE alloys and all fitted so can only presume it started out life as an SE model. I thought I knew all the models of Volvo available but this one was a shocker. I always believed Volvo should make vans but never knew you could get them. Unfortunately as I was working and my camera is broke I ain't got a picture.

P.s. It was a left hooker and had Germen plates.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by volvoturboman View Post
    Can anyone tell me where this came from, how much they cost and why there are not a whole lot more running about?

I was working at Oxegen, Irelands biggest music festival, last week and while securing one of the gates I saw something quite spectacular. It was a phase 2 Volvo V70 van. Like any proper car derived van it had metal sections where the windows would go and a proper steel floor etc. It was German reg and had all the creature comforts up front, Leather and so on. I was in the market for a van last year and never even knew they exsisted or needless to say I have had one. Had the proper volvo SE alloys and all fitted so can only presume it started out life as an SE model. I thought I knew all the models of Volvo available but this one was a shocker. I always believed Volvo should make vans but never knew you could get them. Unfortunately as I was working and my camera is broke I ain't got a picture.

P.s. It was a left hooker and had Germen plates.
    Promtional maybe,matey. Never heard of anything commercial made by Volvo under 7.5T....Sounds homemade.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i think there is a xc90 van available in other countries as when looking up cars on Vida there was a choice of executive and van.

gazbak1

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I came across a picture whilst googling Volvo's last year and it was a "POLIS" XC90 dog van..whatever country that is??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    XC90 dogvans have windows and an internal dog cage.

I suspect this one was a homemade jobbie. Not hard to do; Pull out the windows, cut some sheet steel of the same size, weld, smoth, spray.
    Pretty pointless though as limo tint on the rears will give the same effect with better visibility

Thread Information