Hi guys,

As I'm sure some of you will know, I finally got some FSD's fitted last week to my 2001 (Y) V70 T5.

Can I start by saying.. wow, I did not believe my car could feel that different!

I am now going to have to blow a whole load of fuel on getting to know her all over again! The change is really that dramatic. I have been taking large roundabouts (in a stated 40 zone) at 40MPH, and I do believe it could potentially go quicker.

I am almost scared of the grip that she now has! I also know now (cos I can feel it through the suspension) that she really needs two new rear tyres. I will sort this just shortly (money's tight from the costs of getting this done) and I also need to get the powerflex wishbone bushes fitted (they came just too late!) and may try & get new ball joints too!

Anyways, some points.

1. It was worth the money as the car is a whole new thing again & realistically I would have needed a new car to get that much of a change!

2. The Koni struts do NOT replace the whole shock! The fronts have to be cut (with a hack saw!) & emptied, then drilled & then you fit the new piston into the old casing! (my spanners nearly freaked when I told him what was needed! He did not feel confident at all! But I think he enjoyed the new practical lesson!)

3. The rear shocks on the car must be made from pig iron (original ones) as the car has now dropped (not a joke) about 2.5" which is really something I didn't expect! It already had lowering springs on, which lowered it about 20mm, but now the arse is really scraping the deck! (I like it! It now looks even for a change!)

4. I am now worried that I'm getting inner top rub on my front wheels, tho I have yet to prove this as I've only heard a slight noise twice & for less than 1 second at under 30mph. I do have spacers on the front to try & eliminate inner arch rub... so I may have to rethink this one! (crap!)

YES I WILL POST PICTURES BUT I'M IN WORK!

This should be on tonight.

Any questions, just ask!

Oh, also did my TCV hoses & BCS/TCV for an uprated on/silicone hoses!

All good.....