Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    The odd thing Ped, was that when I removed the BCS the boost really dropped. Spoke to Hamish and on his instruction,piped it back in and what a difference. I had already gone through and sealed all the leaks. Volvos eh?
    I didn't get a boost drop when I removed the BCS and used the mbc in conjunction with the HLM map; just massive boost pressure

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JelT5 View Post
    Seems to be the case Alan. Works well enough for me...1.4bar on the autobahn was a bit scary though lol
    thats about the same as i used to run (whats 0.5psi between friends)

i do love that pic

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Tuesday 7th July 2009)

Thanks
    walked right into that one didn't I
    & it would been rude of me not to use it against you lol

car should be sorted in the next week or so, then off to Bitburg again 19th/20th and a sub 14.5
    nice one. So what else you got planned to help get the extra time on the 1/4, or do you think the new gearbox will be enough to give a couple of 0.1's?

you may move above me on the league table after the 19th, but i''ll be back

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    & it would been rude of me not to use it against you lol
    I'd have done exactly the same mate
    Did pmsl when I read it

nice one. So what else you got planned to help get the extra time on the 1/4, or do you think the new gearbox will be enough to give a couple of 0.1's?
    some of the interior may well go missing- back seats etc every 100lbs=0.1 so gotta try that as I won't be power starting cough cough
    can't afford to keep getting new autoboxes sent over every month or so lol

you may move above me on the league table after the 19th, but i''ll be back

how hard can it be

tbh I don't know whether I will mate and I have no doubt even if I do that you'll grab the slot back again!
    Once I've got the cash from my house sale (if it ever sells, someday, maybe never...zzzz) I'll get another T5/R (with a PROPER gearbox) purely for the strip and use the auto to take it there on a trailer!
    Last edited by JelT5; Tuesday 7th July 2009 at 08:54.

Thanks
    some of the interior may well go missing- back seats etc every 100lbs=0.1 so gotta try that as I won't be power starting cough cough
    can't afford to keep getting new autoboxes sent over every month or so lol
    empty your screen wash bottle 5.7kg
    spare wheel 17.2kg
    rear seat back 21.9kg
    rear seat base 6.5kg
    rear seat belts 3.3kg
    passenger seat 27.5kg

= 76.4kg = 168.4lbs

tbh I don't know whether I will mate and I have no doubt even if I do that you'll grab the slot back again!
    Once I've got the cash from my house sale (if it ever sells, someday, maybe never...zzzz) I'll get another T5/R (with a PROPER gearbox) purely for the strip and use the auto to take it there on a trailer!
    i'm not out to beat anybody just improve myself (well my bro's 13.8 is a target lol). It's going to be a while before i get back on the strip anyway mate. Your obviously very into drag racing so a second car sounds a very good idea. When BT was my daily drive it did start to compromise the car, my mum really didn't like the bucket seats & all you'd get was moaning all the way to Asda . Plus T-5's are stupidly cheap to pick-up now their getting old

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    empty your screen wash bottle 5.7kg
    spare wheel 17.2kg
    rear seat back 21.9kg
    rear seat base 6.5kg
    rear seat belts 3.3kg
    passenger seat 27.5kg

= 76.4kg = 168.4lbs
    Exactly that mate- might improve things quite a bit. My target this year is just to get in the lower half of the 14s consistently without power starts; whether it's possible with an auto (with the mods I've done) I don't know!

i'm not out to beat anybody just improve myself (well my bro's 13.8 is a target lol).
    Me too mate- just a bit of friendly rivalry I'd just like to get past round 2 of the Bitburg brackets for a change lol

It's going to be a while before i get back on the strip anyway mate. Your obviously very into drag racing so a second car sounds a very good idea. When BT was my daily drive it did start to compromise the car, my mum really didn't like the bucket seats & all you'd get was moaning all the way to Asda . Plus T-5's are stupidly cheap to pick-up now their getting old
    It's not me, it's the missus! She loves motorsport and obviously forces me to into attending monthly lol life can be sooooo hard!
    Second car is the best way to go definitely.
    It's a shame these wonderful cars have very little monetary value, but it does help people like us buy them, cherish them and abuse them

Thanks
    Exactly that mate- might improve things quite a bit. My target this year is just to get in the lower half of the 14s consistently without power starts; whether it's possible with an auto (with the mods I've done) I don't know!
    i don't think you'll be fair off mate, possibly a de-cat, RIP kit & possibly enlarged throttle body to help spool the turbo quicker & compesate for not power-starting

Me too mate- just a bit of friendly rivalry I'd just like to get past round 2 of the Bitburg brackets for a change lol
    i'll admit i've never tried bracket racing myself, but crewing for my bro & Vanarchy know it aint easy. But all it takes is a good day with the car running consistant times & your laughing. Vanarchy used to be knocked out in the first round of elimations but when he did have a good run managed to get thru into the finals & came home with his expenses covered & a trophy for finishing 2nd. Another female racer managed to run a perfect ET (ran exactly the time she estimated to 0.01 of a second) & that was at her first race meeting, she was in an auto

It's not me, it's the missus! She loves motorsport and obviously forces me to into attending monthly lol life can be sooooo hard!
    Second car is the best way to go definitely.
    It's a shame these wonderful cars have very little monetary value, but it does help people like us buy them, cherish them and abuse them
    i don't know how yuo put up with her forcing you to do such things mate lol. I've got no intention of selling mine (not that anyone will buy it anyway lol) so you might as well do what you want to them

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    M T E everytime for a custom map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma666 View Post
    You try getting hold of Marco to come and do custom work now....the amrket just doesn't seem to be there....he is trying (I am 99% sure) to sell off the shelf maps for custom harware if that makes sense...standard upgrades performed (like the 19T etc) I am sure an ME7 one is easier as the softloader can be used though

Contact Don @ Kalmar for MTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    Tsk, tsk...you're so last year LOL

Marco doesn't even have to be in the country to do custom mapping on an ME7 car
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma666 View Post
    Well SOME of us are pre me7 (actually that should be surely) lol
    Marco is back in the country next week so if you fancy a one on one MTE custom map give Don a bell
    Engineer

Thread Information