Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    my 850 was accurate down to the last 5 miles but I'm not so sure about the V70R as I've had 30miles left showing and when I filled up i managed to get 70 litres in!!!! (Spec says the tank is 69 litres)/
    My biggest problem is the computer trying to adjust to my driving style so that I can have 150 miles left showing and drive 20-25 miles quickish to be told I've only 40 miles left to empty!!!
    LandRover Discovery 3 TDV6 six speed manual with Goodyear MT/Rs
    BMW Z4 3.0

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gazjacko View Post
    my 850 was accurate down to the last 5 miles but I'm not so sure about the V70R as I've had 30miles left showing and when I filled up i managed to get 70 litres in!!!! (Spec says the tank is 69 litres)/
    My biggest problem is the computer trying to adjust to my driving style so that I can have 150 miles left showing and drive 20-25 miles quickish to be told I've only 40 miles left to empty!!!
    There definately funny like that, was coming back from Porrush tonight (about 35 iles from home). The computer was showing 85 miles left, I pulled on to a hard shoulder behinfd my fathers S40 to get a few things as he was heading to his house and I was heading to mine. As I pulled off the hard shoulder it decided I only had 50 left?????

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Being a peasant,I've seen mine down to 20 miles to empty recently. Always a nervous journey to the fuel station. True what someone said earlier about the 850........they constantly moniter your driving style and hence how far it thinks you can go with what's in the tank.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have a v70 t5 and when I fill my tank the needle never goes fully to the top, I can get 30mpg according to the computer but it is a bit hit and miss. to fill it from the red i put in 56litres and its suposed to be a 70 litre tank I think. All in all I think that my fuel gauge and computer are slightly goosed too.

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Yep 15 gallons but the guages are notorously inaccurate. Mine hits full and drops to 3/4 rapidly whilst reporting 33mpg. It then stays there a while and still says 33mpg. Fickle things Volvos..

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Well I just did the white knuckle ride to the petrol pump with the computer telling me I had 20 miles left. Nearest one to here is 4 miles away as I live in the boonies. Made it! Seems that the car knows what's left.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Last week we had our V70 with so little in the trip computer showed nothing, the light was on and the needle was resting against the end thingy. But when we filled up it only took in 64 1/2 litres...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Yep 15 gallons but the guages are notorously inaccurate. Mine hits full and drops to 3/4 rapidly whilst reporting 33mpg. It then stays there a while and still says 33mpg. Fickle things Volvos..
    Mine is the same, drops well down from full after only 25 miles. I often drive with the fuel light on and with less than 20 miles left and i have never run out, fuel filter (recently changed) will stop any crap getting into the injectors. My fuel computer and gauge seems bang on.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

bornagain
    This user has no status
    Today on my 320 mile round trip to weymouth, I decided to do what Jeremy Clarkson says to do, " when in the red ignore the first petrol station and the second, third etc"
    I done that today, I was down to 25 miles to empty then all of a sudden it showed I had nothing, luckerly there was a BP a few miles up the road. My T5 apparently has a 70 litre tank, I filled it up with 69.80 litres. lol!
    Something tells me I was very lucky!!!!!!!

Thread Information