Join Today
    Glad im Back -D
    Thanks

Question Powerflex Wishbone Bushes

Is the price listed per bush or for all 4 ?

(PFF88-101) Front Wishbone Lower Bush

Price Ex. VAT: £16.45

Price Inc. VAT: £19.33

Quantity per car: 4

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thats each bush cam.
    you can get them on ebay for £76.00 all in. and you get the free top mount bush.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Ah nice one mate

Just read on powerflex that its per item

Does it make much difference to the handling, is it worth doing ?

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cant help you there mate. standard on mine. i guess they would remove all the play in the wishbones and make the ovlov go round bends a bit better....

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Someone will be along shortly no doubt

The Strut Brace has already improved it a lot

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've got them on my car, they do work very well, tightens up the steering & improves feel. Hard to describe but the front feels tighter. They will also last longer than the standard bushes. Fitting can be tricky but with time, patience & ideally a press they're worth the effort. Go for it!!
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just rescued this picture. When i fitted mine (ages ago) all was well. Me being me checked them a few months late to find 1 (the small 'end cap') bush had died. I mail powerflex & almost by return came a set of new end caps.
    Just a small 'heads up', be careful when you install them & keep an eye on the after a month or 2.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Cheers Niles

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I run a P2 that has a slightly different wishbone design, but after doing mine it's night and day. Really reduces torque steer too. Just make sure you get the wheels realigned after fitting as they alter the geometry quite a bit, especially if the old rubber bushes were shot.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've got them on mine and they been fine so far (been on about 3 years) and my T5 does about 70-80 miles a day daily commute (wifes car so they definitely last). They do tighten up the front end and seem very much fit and forget. I tried the pattern bushes and they lasted 6 months so the poly ones are good value. Fitting them is actually fairly easy. You don't need a press, getting them out is the hard part so threaded rod with sockets to drag them out or burn out the rubber with a blowtorch then cut through the outer casings with a hack saw and knock them out with a chisel or punch. The new ones are then simply a matter of pushing in the top-hat bushes by hand then plenty of copperslip on the stainless sleeves and they'll push through with a little gentle help with a rubber mallet. I did a full picture guide on installing them years ago but it disappeared in the big 'crash'. Still got the pictures if anyone needs them for reference.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nobananas For This Useful Post:

cameron (Wednesday 24th June 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Easy way to remove your old lower arm bush is to use a holesaw in a drill then a hack saw to cut through the steel outer inside the arm then fold it out. Using an Arbour press is by far the easiest and quickest. You can also reuse them if you ever need to change the lower arms in the future.

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts

Question Technical advice on bush press needed

OK So I think I need to get the old bushes out to fit Powerflex ones immediately, but possibly Meyle ones later. I could hash round with a hacksaw etc, but I have seen this arbour press http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...on-arbor-press and wondered if it was man enough for the job - do I need 1/2 or 1 ton etc, is this the right shape/size?
    I have to do this job ASAP so any ideas would be welcomed. I can get the 'bones on and off easily enough - I only replaced the 'bones six months ago with complete, Rufe supplied, genuine Volvo ones - but I think the power is just too much for them,
    Mine is an R with the common type wishbone.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    OK So I think I need to get the old bushes out to fit Powerflex ones immediately, but possibly Meyle ones later. I could hash round with a hacksaw etc, but I have seen this arbour press http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...on-arbor-press and wondered if it was man enough for the job - do I need 1/2 or 1 ton etc, is this the right shape/size?
    I have to do this job ASAP so any ideas would be welcomed. I can get the 'bones on and off easily enough - I only replaced the 'bones six months ago with complete, Rufe supplied, genuine Volvo ones - but I think the power is just too much for them,
    Mine is an R with the common type wishbone.
    You don't need to go to such expense Phil. A couple of sockets and threaded rod will do fine (I did do a how too a while back but all the pictures got lost in the crash)

Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nobananas For This Useful Post:

ANDY B (Thursday 22nd July 2010),Flatout Phil (Wednesday 21st July 2010),RollingThunder (Friday 23rd July 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    now that is ingenius! hadn't thought of threaded rod. What size sockets did you use? going to poly mine up to as there is far to much play in the old rubber ones.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave854 View Post
    now that is ingenius! hadn't thought of threaded rod. What size sockets did you use? going to poly mine up to as there is far to much play in the old rubber ones.
    Christ mate I can't remember I did them 3 years ago LOL !. I think the bigger one is 32mm and the smaller maybe 21mm (both half inch drive) just becareful you don't get the bush stuck in the socket afterwards ! The threaded rod needs to be half decent too, not your cheapo, soft stuff, an old head bolt is also ideal as it's hardened, K-series ones are nice and long !
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nobananas For This Useful Post:

dave854 (Thursday 22nd July 2010),Flatout Phil (Wednesday 21st July 2010),JelT5 (Thursday 22nd July 2010)

Thread Information