Join Today

Thread: lambda sensor

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Question lambda sensor

had an apparent fault on lambda sensor so searched arround and found a new BOSCH at good price and fitted car seems fine but on the lpg when stuck in traffic (happens a lot in london ************) it throws up management light check the codes same every time long term weak mixture at idle. been to the lpg guys they have upped it on tick over but still light comes on.

now the sensor that came out is BOSCH 0 258 003 593...............

the replacement i got is BOSCH 0 258 005 097 this is the one that is coming up on all websites i've found/tried have they got it wrong are they listing the wrong sensor or??????????????????

thanks Gareth

This user has no status
    Thanks
    my light is on also, darren changed it twice and it still throws up front 02 sensor when having the code read, might need to get a volvo one put in to sort it, cant think of any other reason it would keep throwing up the same code, wonder how nuch a volvo one is compared to a bosch one ?
    Audi A2 1.4 Diesel se
    ● 52 plate ● Manual FWD ● rear ashtrays ● rear wind up windows lol

MODS:
    ●75 Bhp wow !!
    ----------------------------------------------------

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HADI View Post
    my light is on also, darren changed it twice and it still throws up front 02 sensor when having the code read, might need to get a volvo one put in to sort it, cant think of any other reason it would keep throwing up the same code, wonder how nuch a volvo one is compared to a bosch one ?
    well the one i took out is a BOSCH one which i am assuming is the original/ie:- volvo but i dont know for sure the car being 2nd hand of course, but i would guess theres a fair chance volvo would've fitted a BOSCH?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just off the phone to taggarts volvo and the mechanic asked if it was a "spurious" o2 sensor, so i guess they have there own specific volvo sensor, and he said they have come across this problem quite a few times, so im gonna have to bite the bullet and get a volvo one whilst its in getting all my other problems sorted, so far its a new pcv system and ptc, rear offside stud for holding the spring seat in place and an 02 sensor, better get a second mortgage arranged, the phrase " pig in a poke" springs to mind
    Audi A2 1.4 Diesel se
    ● 52 plate ● Manual FWD ● rear ashtrays ● rear wind up windows lol

MODS:
    ●75 Bhp wow !!
    ----------------------------------------------------

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi chaps i think i need an o2 sensor aswel my code reads 212 and have contacted volvo and they want £198.99 after the dreaded vat has been added.I'm not sure wether to buy volvo or bosch + i don't know how much the bosch is and have had mixed advice on both and what to use.

ive also had a code up for the coolant temp sensor 123 which i bought genuine from volvo and fitted other day and she still puts the code up 123 ? could this be thermostat ?

and i'm getting 121 maf sensor and 223 idle air valve and 245 idle air valve

i've got a second hand idle valve coming from ebay for £13.00 (hope it works a new one from volvo is round £200 but mine says bosch on it so?

not sure on the maf yet got enuf to deal with at moment car running okay but starts lumpy but ok when warmed up

anybody got these codes just out of curiosity cheers james

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    hi chaps i think i need an o2 sensor aswel my code reads 212 and have contacted volvo and they want £198.99 after the dreaded vat has been added.I'm not sure wether to buy volvo or bosch + i don't know how much the bosch is and have had mixed advice on both and what to use.

ive also had a code up for the coolant temp sensor 123 which i bought genuine from volvo and fitted other day and she still puts the code up 123 ? could this be thermostat ?

and i'm getting 121 maf sensor and 223 idle air valve and 245 idle air valve

i've got a second hand idle valve coming from ebay for £13.00 (hope it works a new one from volvo is round £200 but mine says bosch on it so?

not sure on the maf yet got enuf to deal with at moment car running okay but starts lumpy but ok when warmed up

anybody got these codes just out of curiosity cheers james
    Really dont know for sure but would've assumed BOSCH are fitted by VOLVO?
    It was BOSCH that came out of there am guessing it's the original but dont know for sure. BOSCH is surely a good quality item/make? Be nice to find out exactly what was original. Also as i only use it on lpg thats when light comes on after being stuck in traffic, did'nt get the problem the other week 4/500 mile round trip towing caravan to wales n back.

P.S. the only code it's throwing up is 232

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i went through 3 lambda probes before i noticed the plug on the probe had grease on it.cleaned that of and that was it sorted.so check your connection..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevie69 For This Useful Post:

HADI (Monday 22nd June 2009),james (Monday 22nd June 2009)

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stevie69 View Post
    i went through 3 lambda probes before i noticed the plug on the probe had grease on it.cleaned that of and that was it sorted.so check your connection..
    oh ok thats a thought cheers, i have actually got a fair oil leak somewhere down the back of the motor maybe it's got into connecter? i'll try n get inspired and get underneath it again ;-/

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 5seaterT5x2 View Post
    had an apparent fault on lambda sensor so searched arround and found a new BOSCH at good price and fitted car seems fine but on the lpg when stuck in traffic (happens a lot in london ************) it throws up management light check the codes same every time long term weak mixture at idle. been to the lpg guys they have upped it on tick over but still light comes on.

now the sensor that came out is BOSCH 0 258 003 593...............

the replacement i got is BOSCH 0 258 005 097 this is the one that is coming up on all websites i've found/tried have they got it wrong are they listing the wrong sensor or??????????????????

thanks Gareth

i have just found out the one that came out was discontinued in 2002 by bosch 0 258 003 593 thanks Mr B

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Talking phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

well it seems now that the problem is not the lambda sensor is not at fault (possibly) seems the ecu for the lpg was on it's way out was giving a reading on the lpg reducer/vapouriser of about 175 degrees celsius ;-/ clearly a little extreme so they said new ecu, great i thought 6 months out of warranty but no the very very nice men at river road barking said no it's under warranty there you go sir new ecu fitted have a nice day £300 better of yesssssssssssssssssss

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hope you got it sorted mate

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Taff - t5 View Post
    Hope you got it sorted mate
    yes mate tis all dun, all seems well just been to gatwick n back trouble free so lookin good and just toped up with fuel (lpg) 48.9 a litre yesssssssssss

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Angry

yes mate tis all dun, all seems well just been to gatwick n back trouble free so lookin good and just toped up with fuel (lpg) 48.9 a litre yesssssssssss
    and then again

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo just back from friendly mot chappie seems brand new out of the box lambda sensor is kaput b***** and b***** again. just emailed supplier we shall see..................................

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    hi, sorry to hijack your thread but i just wanted to add i have a 4wire lambda on ebay there in perfect working order if it is of any use to anyone. should go for little over a 10a.
    cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280372126077

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Angry

and then again

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo just back from friendly mot chappie seems brand new out of the box lambda sensor is kaput b***** and b***** again. just emailed supplier we shall see..................................
    well guess i should'nt have been surprised they are not interested, they say and i quote "we have never had one go wrong before" ??? what thats got to do with anything i dont know but there you go. several emails and i lost the will to live ordered another new one of a firm in hull, even the 2 together still cheaper than the stealers??? go figure. i wont put the scammers name on here but if anyone wants to know which bosch dealer to avoid in lancashire let me know.

Thread Information