Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Dave im the same, personally I dont like 4x4's and would probably never buy one regardless of price and an XC90 isnt exactly a good drivers proposition compared to cars however as I say compared to other cars in its class it probably is the best all rounder.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave
    the engine in the s60 t5 05, is very close to the R's engine and same gear box

so on the move the 2 cars are going to be very close.

the awd front and rear power, is changed by lots of other factors, not just traction, when you accerate the awd pumps more power to the back wheels, upto 70% to rear,(i have felt this effect off a wet roundabout, abit tail happy!), also if you read up on the 4c chassis thing, it changes the amount of power front to rear, according to which part of corner your on, as you go round the corner.

when you accerate the 4c stops the rear end squatting, and when you brake stops the front doing the same, it quite amazing wot the cars doing as you drive along, but most off it you would never know it was happening!

i test drove a s60 t5 05 just before test drive for R, the s60 just didnt have the same punch as the s60R, like the ecu program was more for fast cruiseing, the s60r feels very twitchie, faster throttle responce is a good way of putting it.

different for R, the car will let backend out, far more easily, but the dstc will kick in after it has passed a certain point, i read somewhere thats wot volvo set it up to do

dave
    Noted and agree Dave!

Missed not having the chance to drive the S60R, and what you've said has encouraged me to book a test drive!

Cheers!
    Dave

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Shock
    Dave im the same, personally I dont like 4x4's and would probably never buy one regardless of price and an XC90 isnt exactly a good drivers proposition compared to cars however as I say compared to other cars in its class it probably is the best all rounder.
    Point taken - for price and what you get it's probably a very good choice, but as aforementioned, 4x4's just don't do it for me
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've missed booking myself in for any of these this year, but do we know if this is something that they do annually?

I will defo try and book early next year.

One of the posters said they were accompanied by a rep - how exactly is that an unaccompanied test drive then....?!

Dan

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel B
    I've missed booking myself in for any of these this year, but do we know if this is something that they do annually?

I will defo try and book early next year.

One of the posters said they were accompanied by a rep - how exactly is that an unaccompanied test drive then....?!

Dan
    Only accompanied on V70R (no S60R there but same would have applied there I think). Reason I was given was because its 300bhp - I think it's more likely that either for insurance reasons they were made too, or they just didn't trust us in a 47000 car with that power! (Accident risk? Theft?)
    Dave

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS70R
    Only accompanied on V70R (no S60R there but same would have applied there I think). Reason I was given was because its 300bhp - I think it's more likely that either for insurance reasons they were made too, or they just didn't trust us in a 47000 car with that power! (Accident risk? Theft?)
    it doesn't cost 47 k!, lol, 37k i think

dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dave they can easily cost 47k, our Newcastle branch has a 41k S60R sat in the showroom and thats not quite top spec, the V70 R's are more standard and have more options to choose from so they probably had a fully loaded one on display!

Thread Information