Join Today

Thread: Happy with MPG!

This user has no status

Thanks

Happy with MPG!

Went to Eastbourne today, 129 miles from my house. I had her on cruise control at 70mph then a bit of town driving through Eastbourne, I got a healthy 28.8mpg, most happy with this!!

So T5's are not that bad on the fuel when on a run!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Oh come on!!!! Get her properly set up in conjuction with a stage 0 tune, and get 5-6 more!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    they can be good if you can resist temptation, my best is 32.3mpg on a (long boring) run

Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks
    I just did 1073 miles with 650 motorway miles, the rest driving around scotland, along with a wee bit of spirited driving, and got an exact 30 mpg average over the whole trip.

I was well chuffed to tank up as I was heading home, doing 341miles, and still having 145 miles left, the needle being not a whole width below the 5 gallon mark.

340 miles on 2/3rds of a tank, with 5 suitcases the mother in law, a kid and a dog....

This user has no status
    Eastbourne, East Sussex (home) and Southampton (uni)
    Thanks
    oooh eastbourne, i live there!! Ive got something in the mid 30s on a run up to gatwick late at night.

1995 854 T5 (upsoloute ecu, koni's etc) sold
    1995 855 T5 (rica 304 and lots of other bits) sold
    1994 Subaru Impreza WRX STi v1
    1995 Clio 1.8 RSi (hoping to swap for a t5 at some point)

This user has no status

Thanks
    So they can be better, excellent!!

I had my wife and 2 daughters in the back with the air-con on all the way, had to have this as its just been re-gassed and is freezing cold, lovely!! Also girls had there games thing plugged into the gig' lighter, so maybe that uses a bit more? Once in Eastbourne and I was off cruise we had a nice drive around, covered 32 miles going here and there, a total of 290 miles yesterday at 28.8mpg, most happy!!

gtiteen ....... I could have popped in and said hello, shown you my T5!!

I was asked by a bloke on the way back whilst filling up about how I keep her so clean, I replied...... 'Autoglym products and the previous owner being very particular on keeping her in top condition' Really made me smile, cant beat having good comments about your car!

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

In good fettle you can achieve 33-34. If you can resist the loud pedal,they can be very frugal.

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Guys guys guys.
    I have been having troube with a misfire under fu boost over 3000 rpm so as a basic precaution I got my injectros celaned by Jimathon on here (see lots of otehr threads. Having fitted them I had a great improvement although I still get the misfire if Itry hard, and GET THIS. Did 150miles from BRist to Tetebury to Castle Cary and then back not aiming for economy - a cupe of full bore blasts on the M4 and overtaking etc. some country lanes in low gear, etc and a few wife scaring episodes just to see how string the gas pedal was.
    Average - 33.4mpg.

BTW thats 212k miles and a RICA 280 so you would expect full bore to use a bit more go juice than in std form. So that is perfectly achievable on an engine still harbouring a problem. I think the injector clean will pay for itself real quick.

Just to set your expectations - you should get your 28mpg up a bit.

Cheers
    Woz

Thread Information