Join Today

Thread: Two T4 Issues

This user has no status
    Thanks

Two T4 Issues

After fitting an new IACV to the phase 1 S40 T4, the idle is now spot on.

However, she often needs a bit of throttle to start now, only since the IACV was fitted. She used to just start, now more often than not, it takes a bit of gas pedal to make it fire up. Any ideas?

The other issue is that this morning when the missus was out in it, she started it up and noticed the clock had reset itself to midnight. Neither of us have been anywhere near the battery and a power loss is the only reason I can think of. Anyone had that before?

1998 S40 T4
    Two Hundred Horses of Swedish Boost Action!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Either you have a vacuum leak (perhaps not if the idle is now nice) or you did no reset the ECU when you replaced the IACV and its adapted values are no good for the new valve.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The only way the clock can reset if is there has been a battery disconnect....might be worth checking the terminals are good and also the earthing points etc.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Was I supposed to reset the ECU after replacing the IACV? If so, how do I do this?

Enigma thanks, I shall check the battery out throughly. It is under a stainless cover and I've not been touching it so it just seemed a bit odd that it would randomly reset like that.

1998 S40 T4
    Two Hundred Horses of Swedish Boost Action!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stainless covers can short out potentially and thus reset the car....to reset the ECU just disconnect the battery for about an hour or so....no idea how long really I just always did it for a while whilst I did something else...just make sure you have your radio code if you are still using OEM radio

Thread Information