Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Very welcome,my friend. Hope it goes your way and let us know the results...... Another cause can be that the air-gap in the clutch mechanism could be too wide due to wear/mileage and this is possibly your next step (hopefully not,as it is a pain in the a**e) To check this,again switch on and get a big plain screw driver and carefully lever against the outer wheel of the compressor. The fault will be obvious if the pump kicks in. Hopefully you won't have to go to these lengths though as the repair is an awkward one.
    Last edited by AlanG; Thursday 9th July 2009 at 20:56.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Did as you described last night and the compressor worked so it must be low on charge as there was no cold air coming through. The other thing is i've read is that when it starts the fan should come on. Last mot the car couldn't be tested as the car overheated and had to be shut down. On investigation and after a bodge i re-routed the earth from the fan which now works although i always get a code 5-1-4 and i wondered if it was related.

I don't know of any mobile companies so i'll take a trip to kwik fit.

The compressor was changed last year as the bearing was howling on the original one when i got the car and the air con worked fine but then it started making the frequent clicking and i noticed green deposit round the pipes so maybe it just needs filled and the leak found.

I'll let you know

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Good news mate.Mine starts the secondary fan when switched to re-circulate,othewise off. Not sure what way it is meant to be though but someone on here will. Mine is sided ECC,not sure if that makes the difference. Maybe you'll get some use out of it before it's ice-age again!!
    Last edited by AlanG; Sunday 12th July 2009 at 17:45.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Make sure you have it lubricated as well. I had my wife's Honda Odyssey re-gassed at kwikfit - it worked fine for 24hr's but then disaster struck:

The compressor started smoking a lot! As it had auto climate you couldn’t override it, the breakdown service said it needed to be lubricated anually, I ended up chopping the wire to it. Needless to say, a proper aircon ‘service’ is worth the extra cash!
    Hope your sueing the useless gits, part of a air con service is to add the correct anount of PAG to the freon

Thread Information