Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks

New Clutch Tomorrow

Droppin her off for a new clutch tomorrow. Work's gonna be done on Saturday, expect to have her back Saturday evening or Sunday morning. I'm getting an R clutch fitted as the price difference was only £30, and with the extra power, it makes sense...

£350 all-in, seems steep, but it's a big job that volvo gives almost a whole day's work to, so I suppose it's not too bad....

I can't wait to see the difference from the old one, which is slipping more and more as the days go by.....

62 sleeps till USC.... I sure hope pedro gets his automobile ready for then.....

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Let me know how you get on, I had my clutch replaced in my R a while back and although the clutch is great I now get clutch judder when moving off or holding it on the clutch.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    £350 seems pretty good all the prices I got quoted were around £500.00.
    855 T5 Cd, Grey,polybush mbc valve. Loads of miles loads of dash warning lights on!!

855 R Manual In Grey, polybush, strut brace and hideous colour wheels!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Make sure you buy a genuine rear main seal and get it changed while the box is off Paul.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    £350 is a very good price mate, you have to drop the subframe & near enough remove the the gearbox to change the clutch (certainly not a job i would do)

don't forget to have a word with him about reading my codes please mate

still got quite a few finishing touches to do on BT so can't see her being ready for USC i'm afraid mate, but i'll be their in the tractor with the tool kit lol. We will get that 850 race later on in the year so don't you fret about that mate, i'm just letting you set your time first before i shatter it lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

PaulZX (Friday 29th May 2009)

Thanks
    lol, you gonna let me have some glory before you snatch it all away?

thanks mate... I knew I could count on you..... `

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulZX For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Saturday 30th May 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Let me know how you get on, I had my clutch replaced in my R a while back and although the clutch is great I now get clutch judder when moving off or holding it on the clutch.
    I put a new Sachs clutch in my t5 last year after getting the same shuddering you described,it made no difference to the shuddering!And thats getting the flywheel skimmed also at the same time.When i took the engine out recently,i discovered the front engine mount nut had come loose!Might be worth checking yours.Going to get a new clutch in mine in a fortnight when i head up the road,found out its the rear crank seal leaking today.Changed the turbo oil return pipes o ring today and the leak is still there,i did think it was that at first as the old one was well worn.But there is oil down at bottom of gearbox after me cleaning it all before test run.The joys of Motoring i suppose,Paul..

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    £350 is a very good price mate, you have to drop the subframe & near enough remove the the gearbox to change the clutch (certainly not a job i would do)
    Piece of cake, I've done it twice now (the first one I fitted only lasted a year!) best thing to do is drop the engine/subframe assembly completely and wheel it out, much easier to take the gearbox off. Though it does take a couple of days to do it.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingFridgeMover View Post
    lol, you gonna let me have some glory before you snatch it all away?

thanks mate... I knew I could count on you..... `
    atleast you'll be getting some glory that way lol

your really going to have the last laugh if your faster than me when we do race aren't you

This user has no status

Thanks
    £350 all-in, seems steep, but it's a big job that volvo gives almost a whole day's work to, so I suppose it's not too bad....
    Hi,

Out of interest who is doing the clutch for £350?? - when I was after a clutch it was over £500 from everyone I spoke with.

Thanks

Stu.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polredt5 View Post
    I put a new Sachs clutch in my t5 last year after getting the same shuddering you described,it made no difference to the shuddering!And thats getting the flywheel skimmed also at the same time.When i took the engine out recently,i discovered the front engine mount nut had come loose!Might be worth checking yours.Going to get a new clutch in mine in a fortnight when i head up the road,found out its the rear crank seal leaking today.Changed the turbo oil return pipes o ring today and the leak is still there,i did think it was that at first as the old one was well worn.But there is oil down at bottom of gearbox after me cleaning it all before test run.The joys of Motoring i suppose,Paul..
    That's the reason I had my clutch done, not because it was knackered(although it was a little heavy) but because the Rear main seal was gone, I figured that if the gearbox was coming off I might as well get the clutch done at the same time. I'll check the engine mounts as you say, glad to see someone else has experienced the same problem, I was begining to think mine was the only one,lol.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    122k and original clutch. Still solid,no judder,slip or any other cause for complaint. Good enough reason to replace with the same factory assembly. Arguements?Mine is far from standard. Can't imagine for the life of me why you'd need anything better than standard unless you're Ruff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    122k and original clutch. Still solid,no judder,slip or any other cause for complaint. Good enough reason to replace with the same factory assembly.
    totally agree, my T-5 is now on 147k, done around a 100 1/4mile runs, has been used to tow a jetski a boot full of stereo & 5 adults with all the holiday clothes & no trouble & the same as you still on the original clutch
    Arguements?Mine is far from standard. Can't imagine for the life of me why you'd need anything better than standard unless you're Ruff.
    why replace it with a lower option when your doing the job anyway, the original may be fine but you might as well upgrade it while your doing the job

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Fair do's buddy,not something you do every week so it's an opportunity. Hopefully it'll be as light and pleasant to use as the old one.

This user has no status
    Thanks

new clutch

well men i had my clutch done about 6 weeks ago, also new g/box oil seal and fresh oil (the proper stuff) new rear discs, and pads, and may god strike me down dead if i tell a lie but it all came to £420 for the lot, they had my car for a day and a half, whilst i ran around in another 850 2.5 turbo of theirs, they deal in nothing but volvo, but are not volvo agents, and she drives nice and smooth now, just done the oil and filter this weekend, so she sound again for another year, 155,000 on the old girl now, but you wouldn't think so the way she drives......

Thanks
    £390 was the final price, and it's a mate who owns a garage, gives us super-duper mates rates....

It feels really light now compared to the old one which was a bit of a leg acher, drives lovely, and pulls a bit harder now from low down....

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Nice one

Thanks
    £390 was the final price, and it's a mate who owns a garage, gives us super-duper mates rates....

It feels really light now compared to the old one which was a bit of a leg acher, drives lovely, and pulls a bit harder now from low down....
    excellent, is it another run over to see Super Mick & see about breaking that 300bhp mark then lol

21. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

PaulZX (Sunday 31st May 2009)

Thanks
    I might do a power run when I get the zorst done after my holiday next week.....

Thanks
    I might do a power run when I get the zorst done after my holiday next week.....
    you changing the intake pipework as well?

Thread Information