Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile fault reader-service reset tool

Hi allz,

Does anyone have any of the above for rental for a 850 t5 (1997) as i need to reset the service light as its being done this weekend and i need to get the ECU read and find out why the lights on.

Many thanks Dave

I'm on everyday so i'll get any messages sent for me.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

If you're keeping the car,it's worth investing in a reset tool. I have a Dreaper one that I paid less than £40 delivered. Service light that is not lambda.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dave, If you are just wanting to reset the service light, then you can do it yourself using the diagnostic button located behind the o/s headlamp. Its a tad fiddly to do but it worked a treat on mine!
    Here's how to do it :-

1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.

2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.

3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.

4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.

5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.

6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.

Hope that helps

Regards

John
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny5 For This Useful Post:

850 t5 vs 600cc (Thursday 21st May 2009)

Thread Information