Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    can u not set up a blow throu maf? fit maf to a larger ic pipe and scale the maf reading accordingly?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
    What is it with the obsession with numbers and graphs for cars? They are to be driven and not put in labs and annualized. I sure as hell don't have 510BHP I won't even have 507BHP but I do have enough to out run 2 Ring Taxi's on crappy road tyres and off the shelf Koni shocks. Prove it where it counts on road and track not in the lab. Volvo's are built to be driven so drive them!
    Hi Tim

Thanks for your great detailed reply to any questions I ask as always…. its funny I show a genuine interest in seeing how other people are getting on with there projects then you seem to take it so to heart which is a shame as there is much to learn for all of us Volvo nuts from doing things with these great cars. I do not know it all and learn new things everyday if I am to be knocked for being honest and showing what’s gone wrong for me and my project then so be it…. most people on the various forums show a great interest but there will always be the ones that don’t…..

In answer to your reply I cannot wait to get the Peril back on the road and enjoy the car so thanks for your support, I suppose if I came on here and said from day one that my car has 591 hp I wonder how long it would of taken you to say prove it !!!!

As i have said before and will say again i for one was looking forward to meeting you one day as you seem like a Volvo nut so maybe lower your guard a bit we are all fellow volvo lovers here remember......

Russ
    LOOK at our project :
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16301
    591 BHP 524 Ftlbs torque so far
    The Most Powerful T5 in the UK

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al115 View Post
    I think that the "obsession with numbers" that you mention comes during the "building" phase... that comes before the "driving" phase... at least in my case!

And my numbers are crap anyway at the mo
    Very well said i am sure you will make some decent numbers when your finished we all know it takes time to get right i for one wish you luck despite what others say do show how your getting on.....

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

This user has no status
    Thanks
    LOL that's the thing, I'm not trying to prove anything or compete with others, just build a Volvo that's perfect for me (within £££ constraints!)

Hope it's not far off now.
    Despite what some think i am not trying to prove anything or compete either just build a fun Volvo too

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Russ you have again missunderstood me, I was on about the thread of 510BHP thats why I put 510BHP. Also when I put 507BHP it was quite clear I was on about E60 M5's, I did put Ring Taxi's...

To give more detail that you seem to want I was on my second lap with Irf's cousin when both Ring Taxi's caught me at Pflanzgarten (over 10 miles in) when I decided not to pull over for them as I knew I was quicker through there and it would be funny for their passangers to see an old Volvo out run them get air and go sideways. For that the Taxi driver thanked me after when we had a laugh and joke about our two cars.

I was not answering a question but am more than happy to help in answering questions for you even though the 9 questions I posted up that members had asked you you have not answered. On the subject there are questions that you have not answered from Pyaap and others of late.

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    russ do you think an 850 can have to much power??? for example i would bet my botom dollar that a 400 bhp 850 could get silverstone faster than a 900bhp 850, would you agree for driving performance there is a limit for the 850???

if they in a straight at a rolling start of 60mph the more horses the better, but for every day drivin and track use there must be a top book figure before performance is lost ranther than gained,
    cheers

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Dunno. Mid 300s for a driveable car, probably. All the T4's I've seen with 400+ seem to go for headline figures but only have a narrow useable powerband.
    If your after mid 300's then Pyaaps T4 had more than 350BHP over a 4500RPM powerband when I went in it at the Rings last year.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Russ you have again missunderstood me, I was on about the thread of 510BHP thats why I put 510BHP. Also when I put 507BHP it was quite clear I was on about E60 M5's, I did put Ring Taxi's...

To give more detail that you seem to want I was on my second lap with Irf's cousin when both Ring Taxi's caught me at Pflanzgarten (over 10 miles in) when I decided not to pull over for them as I knew I was quicker through there and it would be funny for their passangers to see an old Volvo out run them get air and go sideways. For that the Taxi driver thanked me after when we had a laugh and joke about our two cars.

I was not answering a question but am more than happy to help in answering questions for you even though the 9 questions I posted up that members had asked you you have not answered. On the subject there are questions that you have not answered from Pyaap and others of late.
    Hi Tim

I do see what you mean but you had replied after i asked spesh about his car it would not be the first time you have lost all sense of humour when my car is involved .... I was genuinely interested in how his testing was going sounds like you had a great time at the ring.

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spesh View Post
    russ do you think an 850 can have to much power??? for example i would bet my botom dollar that a 400 bhp 850 could get silverstone faster than a 900bhp 850, would you agree for driving performance there is a limit for the 850???

if they in a straight at a rolling start of 60mph the more horses the better, but for every day drivin and track use there must be a top book figure before performance is lost ranther than gained,
    cheers
    Spesh can you answer my questions then i will answer yours...
    LOOK at our project :

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RT MECHANICS View Post
    Hi Tim

I do see what you mean but you had replied after i asked spesh about his car it would not be the first time you have lost all sense of humour when my car is involved .... I was genuinely interested in how his testing was going sounds like you had a great time at the ring.

Russ
    No question Spesh asked prompted me to put my reply, far from it, it was clearly not aimed at him.

IIRC I "lost my sense of humor" when you insisted your unservo'd brakes were fine then low and behold later it turns out they are not road legal...

I did have a great time at the Ring thank you, I will be taking the car to Silverstone for the evening on 2nd May so you are more than welcome to come along if you want to go in an 850 on track.

Spesh can you answer my questions then i will answer yours...
    I think that is in very poor taste when there are many questions that have been asked multiple times and you have still not answered them.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No question Spesh asked prompted me to put my reply, far from it, it was clearly not aimed at him.

IIRC I "lost my sense of humor" when you insisted your unservo'd brakes were fine then low and behold later it turns out they are not road legal...

I did have a great time at the Ring thank you, I will be taking the car to Silverstone for the evening on 2nd May so you are more than welcome to come along if you want to go in an 850 on track.

I think that is in very poor taste when there are many questions that have been asked multiple times and you have still not answered them.
    Hi Tim

Just seen your reply i have not lost my sense of humour over the brake servo if you had know about the mot law many months ago why not just say rather than try to be clever after the Mot law came out thanks to Ben.

As i have said before i have no intention of running an illegal car the Mot rule over the brake servo is not known by many people including me at the time,the silly thing is the brakes felt superb and the feel and control i had over them without a servo was A1 so i have now thanks to Ben i have sorted the problem with a servo.....

Your very kind to invite me to an already expired track day date as it would be nice to meet you face to face but even the Peril is not that fast it can turn back time...

As for my response to Spesh' question it was only a joke i will answer any questions in my own time i have been very short on time recently thanks for your support of the Peril project as usual

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    [quote=RT MECHANICS;230062]

Oh dear thats not good news spesh have you done any RR runs in your car yet ????

Russ
    didnt see that russ, no i havnt had it rolling roaded, not really after a set figure just want the car to drive a certain way,, .
    Last edited by spesh; Wednesday 20th May 2009 at 21:48.

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    he ment to say JUNE russ, as i will be attending aswell.!! so there for it it not back in time, and the is no need to take the peril to 88mph........ does this mean you will be there?

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Spesh is right I did mean 2nd June, I take it you will now be able to make it then?

There is no rush to answer the questions they won't be going anywhere.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [quote=spesh;230785]

didnt see that russ, no i havnt had it rolling roaded, not really after a set figure just want the car to drive a certain way,, .
    Hi Spesh

Thanks for the reply How do you want your car to drive ? it may surprise a few people but i only did my RR runs just to see what was happening and what figures the car was making rather than guess work on the bum dyno which can be quite good but do think a figure is always nice rather than pub talk.

How are you getting on with your turbo tuner i will be trying one out soon so it will be good to see your feedback .

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

This user has no status
    Thanks
    he ment to say JUNE russ, as i will be attending aswell.!! so there for it it not back in time, and the is no need to take the peril to 88mph........ does this mean you will be there?
    Hi Spesh

I was only messing its unlikely i will go even though i would love to as i am very short on time whats with 88mph ???

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    whats with 88mph ???
    thats what the (Volvo engined) DeLorean in Back To The Future had to get to travel back in time

i've had a demo of the Turbo Tuner ECU on BT & must say its an impressive bit of kit, despite the fact i'm running a EBC the protention of things you can do with it is amazing, & that was before alot of the updates on the system
    Last edited by p fandango; Thursday 21st May 2009 at 06:59.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    thats what the (Volvo engined) DeLorean in Back To The Future had to get to travel back in time

i've had a demo of the Turbo Tuner ECU on BT & must say its an impressive bit of kit, despite the fact i'm running a EBC the protention of things you can do with it is amazing, & that was before alot of the updates on the system
    Will you be running a Turbo tuner on your car when your finished ? Would be good to see a few people running it to see how you get on .

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Will you be running a Turbo tuner on your car when your finished ? Would be good to see a few people running it to see how you get on .
    yep, i'd already be using it if i hadn't of been stupid & brought a bloody Citroen & had spent the money repairing that.

Thread Information