Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

New 850 broken into last night :(

Can't believe it, I've had it just a week and some little ****er broke into it last night.

There was nothing in the car apart from some loose change in the coin tray, and that's what they took, breaking the pass front window in the process.

I'm so ****ed off. I know you shouldn't leave valuables on show, but a few quid in your car, parked outside your house - that's a ****ing joke.

Trouble is, insurers say I'll have to pay £250 excess so it's not worth letting them repair. I'll ahve to get some quotes from galss companies/breakers, etc. Was all original glass as well.

So annoying.
    Last edited by Hallsy; Thursday 16th April 2009 at 11:51.

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    sorry to hear that mate, think you will find the alarm horn is different to the car horn when you press the button on steering wheel at least it is on both of mine ;-/

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Battery's probably dead in the alarm horn...

Sorry to hear the news.
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thats well out of order!!! they need their hands cut of at the neck!
    1996 855 T-5 in Turquise
    Rica 304 ecu
    K&N Panel Filter
    Goodridge Hoses
    Volvo Strut Brace
    Poly Bushes
    Moved Horns
    17" T-5r Pegs

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just get a spare window and a high power hoover for the glass, little b'stards eh? Should have a gas released when they break in that makes them sh*t themselves within 5 minutes of running away, easy and embarrasing for the police to catch them.......
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Aah, this sort of crap just pi**es me right off.
    For a few quid they've inconvenienced you and caused a mess.

Isn't the alarm horn at the back of the engine bay?

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, it is indeed very low, but from now on I won't be leaving anything in any of my cars at all.

Going to move it somewhere secure until repaired (my garage has my S13 in it), feel a little vulnerable with it left on my driveway.

I've found some cheap glass anyway, just need to double check that it's the part number/tint.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ive got a spare tinted front door glass if you need it matey.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Gutted for you Andy, these mindless turds are a pain in the @rse.
    94 855 T5 manual

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Bring back public hanging! That'll make them think twice before nicking a few quid and ruining some ones day!
    Volvo 855 t5 estateRica 280,V70 rear lights,V70 side repeaters,S60 17" tethys alloys, Powerflex top engine mount,eibach springs,front and rear strut brace,k&n panel filter,R front bumper
    To do:,bsr exhaust,HID's,window tints?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the offer Niles, but I actually bought one from ebay earlier.

It's my fault for being careless with some loose change I guess, but it is so low. The stupid little ****s don't think about the hassles they cause.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Feeling sorry for you dude

Seems it rife at the minute, theres been a few done near me, but instead of breaking the glass they just bend the door top back

Id love to catch the little *****rs that nicked my truck

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    People like that need thier B****CKS placing in the jaws of a vice, and slowly tightened!
    Gutted m8y
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hello my fellow volvo friend i sympathise with you, i live near a small town centre thats full of idiots and theres three schools near aswel and our house is next to the schools.

Hopefully one day these idiots will get the same done to them and will now exacly how we feel but we will never know will we !

Its a horrible feeling when your pride and joy is vandalised,all my cars have had various horrible things done to it = keyed body/paint,windows smashed which ruined leather seats,petrol tank drilled and pipes cut,wing mirrors smashed off........

Its horrible i'm allways looking out of my window and can't sleep sometimes, if i do ever catch anyone in the act i'm gonna be in serious trouble.

Ive tried informing the police before but thats no help it just bumps up the insurance statistics in our postcode area and the receptionist even suggested that i might have fallen out with sumone and this was payback!!!! ????

I believe these people want their hands crushing in a vice so they cant use them properly again.

speak soon my friend,james

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I suppose I live in a similar area, small suburb, close to three schools, but most of it with our street is passing traffic, more oppurtunist really.

We don't have too much trouble. Just annoying that it happened to my car, had I have just put the change in my pocket it would likely not have happened.

I agree though, the little ****ers need to learn a lesson, but most things will struggle to get through to them, and in the long run can make things worse.

I know of a guy on another thread who him & his wife are both hostages in their own home, constantly abused & harassed my a young gang. Feel really sorry for him, but whatever he does it makes things worse

If it ever got that bad where I lived, I'd be looking to move.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi again my friend i really feel for your friends having trouble hopefully the idiots will move on soon but it could take years for theseyoungsters to grow up.

i once left my baseball cap on my parcel shelf in my astra years ago i ended up having the back window smashed for it.i even put my fags in the glove box as i know people have had their windows smashed to get the fags.

its a horrible world that we live in my friend when we can't relax without getting up every half hour or so to check our vehicles.

hope to chat soon cheers james

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Used to have fast fords, cosworths and rs turbo's........ Although they were always garaged and alarmed/immobilised etc etc etc i was always worried that someone would follow me home just to find out where the car was kept....
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

Thread Information