Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    alan, don't get me wrong, I've done exactly what you've relayed above and am not beyond doing it again, I do live in scotland with some of the best driving roads within easy reach, the point is, as posted above, "discussing" it on a public forum maybe ain't to smart, but each to their own.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 888dee View Post
    alan, don't get me wrong, I've done exactly what you've relayed above and am not beyond doing it again, I do live in scotland with some of the best driving roads within easy reach, the point is, as posted above, "discussing" it on a public forum maybe ain't to smart, but each to their own.
    With all due respect,do I have to re-type a previous post? No broken laws......All I asked for was some general info. I had my doubts about putting this up,should have listened to them.Some of the sanctimonious hypocrites on here make me want to buy my own beer!! Okay,okay,bought it now so should be calming down very shortly..Sorry.only because I had to buy my own beer .you understand. Not for anything else.
    Last edited by AlanG; Friday 10th April 2009 at 21:25.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    whatever.... you have a nice evening

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 888dee For This Useful Post:

AlanG (Friday 10th April 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

And you,my friend. I mean no offence.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mods,
    As a neutral here, might I suggest this be knocked on the head before things get unpleasant?
    The guys who posted about their enjoyment using the performance compared with other supposedly faster cars, are right to enthuse about the bang per buck surely we all enjoy. I know it's one of the reasons I bought a T5 as opposed to a more run of the mill 850.
    Additionally, the guys who dismiss public racing as foolish are also right, IF done, it is asking for trouble, and most would agree, it's not big or clever.
    We are all on here, because we must be to some extent, enthusiasts of performance Volvo's?
    People will remain on either side of the "what is safe for the road" fence, no matter what is posted, and it would be a crying shame to see this forum descend into a site used for witch hunts or bitchiness. (Already been on e30zone and scoobynet, dont want to start avoiding this site too!)
    I genuinely think both sides have a point, and that's my 2p worth.
    Happy Easter everyone!
    94 855 T5 manual

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob S For This Useful Post:

850twr (Saturday 11th April 2009),JelT5 (Saturday 11th April 2009),volvokid (Friday 10th April 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
    Mods,
    As a neutral here, might I suggest this be knocked on the head before things get unpleasant?
    The guys who posted about their enjoyment using the performance compared with other supposedly faster cars, are right to enthuse about the bang per buck surely we all enjoy. I know it's one of the reasons I bought a T5 as opposed to a more run of the mill 850.
    Additionally, the guys who dismiss public racing as foolish are also right, IF done, it is asking for trouble, and most would agree, it's not big or clever.
    We are all on here, because we must be to some extent, enthusiasts of performance Volvo's?
    People will remain on either side of the "what is safe for the road" fence, no matter what is posted, and it would be a crying shame to see this forum descend into a site used for witch hunts or bitchiness. (Already been on e30zone and scoobynet, dont want to start avoiding this site too!)
    I genuinely think both sides have a point, and that's my 2p worth.
    Happy Easter everyone!
    No arguement Rob,just don't like hypocrites. I can think of a thread recently where the guy described his antics in vivid colour. They (this forum) tore him for a""e paper. In some respects (most) it was fair. Someone could have been killed.
    This is a very different case. Seems to me that you mention speed in any form now and they are down on you as if it is a crime. I have to ask what the point of all this is?
    Maybe I should have kept thre old 360GLE,or bought an old T5 and removed the booster?
    Best these people buy a Toyota Prius and leave us alone. Knitting would suit them better.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Anyone else???

This user has no status

Thanks
    As another neutral, I re-read the OP and I couldn't even see any mention of speed limits being broken, perhaps the critics of the original post can point it out to me?

I had to recheck the title of the forum, it is the Volvo Performance Club, not the Flat cap and driving gloves brigade. What is wrong with some spirited driving? None as far as I can see. I brought the T5 for some fun, safe fun before you ask, 0-60 in just over 5 secs is fast, but I am breaking no laws am I???

If I wanted to read boring threads I could always go to VOC!!!!!!!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Max Headroom For This Useful Post:

850twr (Saturday 11th April 2009),AlanG (Friday 10th April 2009),JelT5 (Saturday 11th April 2009),volvokid (Friday 10th April 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    As another neutral, I re-read the OP and I couldn't even see any mention of speed limits being broken, perhaps the critics of the original post can point it out to me?

I had to recheck the title of the forum, it is the Volvo Performance Club, not the Flat cap and driving gloves brigade. What is wrong with some spirited driving? None as far as I can see. I brought the T5 for some fun, safe fun before you ask, 0-60 in just over 5 secs is fast, but I am breaking no laws am I???

If I wanted to read boring threads I could always go to VOC!!!!!!!
    I thank you,kind sir!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    @ Alan,
    Ever wished you'd googled the TT's power now
    94 855 T5 manual

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Why is it that its always Audi and BMW drivers that try racing on the highway.

This afternoon whilst coming home with all the kids in the car some D*ck in a BMW 330i Saloon took much greivance to being out accelerated by an " old mans car ".

I didnt even notice him behind me at the lights but i was in a hurry to get home as we realised we left the house unlocked

Green light i went for it as quick as i could up to the limit allowed and cruised there until this D*ck come up behind ( a good bit later ) whilst i was passing a slower vehicle, think it was an artic or summit like that, anyway he proceeded to flash his headlights at me to get passed and after a couple of seconds the idiot took to the hard shoulder to pass us both

Even my Mrs who doesnt swear was giving it some, we were both totally dumbfounded.

Not only did he put his own life in danger, but what if someonehad been sat on the shoulder

It beggars beleif the driving of some people.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

@ Alan,
    Seems to me it's been hijacked by the motorised wheelchairs. I only asked a q. Think it's best to leave them if they're happy. One day,we may be that way.......

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post

This afternoon whilst coming home with all the kids in the car some D*ck in a BMW 330i Saloon took much greivance to being out accelerated by an " old mans car ".

I didnt even notice him behind me at the lights but i was in a hurry to get home as we realised we left the house unlocked

Green light i went for it as quick as i could up to the limit allowed and cruised there until this D*ck come up behind ( a good bit later ) whilst i was passing a slower vehicle, think it was an artic or summit like that, anyway he proceeded to flash his headlights at me to get passed and after a couple of seconds the idiot took to the hard shoulder to pass us both

Even my Mrs who doesnt swear was giving it some, we were both totally dumbfounded.

Not only did he put his own life in danger, but what if someonehad been sat on the shoulder

Not all that sure of your point,Cameron. I agree with you completely. Anyone taking that sort of risk is irresponsible. I'm glad you and your people emerged unscathed....

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

@ Alan,
    Yep!!!

This user has no status

Thanks

I have an Audi as well as my beloved T5 and my names Dave

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

And your point is???

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Dont worrry al i got accosted before, i was asked to follow a drink driver by the police til lthey caught up, it was about 1am and this guy was proper going for it, hr almost ran into the central reservation, anyway to cut a long story short at times i was doing in excess of 140mph and i was amazed that a 13 year old car couldd still do its top end ( easily ) i posted a sat nav reading showing 142mph, BIG MISTAKE.

All i stated was that it showed the quality of these flying bricks and it fell flat on its face.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt intentionally fly along at those speeds but ive done my fair share of showing idiots the rear end of the old bus with great delight.

Just be careful as you have become aware of what you tell people.

If you feel like sticking it to TT owners then fair play, just dont get caught and dont tell anyone on here unless its by pm of course

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 10th April 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    And your point is???
    I have 2 cars and my name isn't Dick

(1 car for going and 1 car for showing)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Dont worrry al i got accosted before, i was asked to follow a drink driver by the police til lthey caught up, it was about 1am and this guy was proper going for it, hr almost ran into the central reservation, anyway to cut a long story short at times i was doing in excess of 140mph and i was amazed that a 13 year old car couldd still do its top end ( easily ) i posted a sat nav reading showing 142mph, BIG MISTAKE.

All i stated was that it showed the quality of these flying bricks and it fell flat on its face.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt intentionally fly along at those speeds but ive done my fair share of showing idiots the rear end of the old bus with great delight.

Just be careful as you have become aware of what you tell people.

If you feel like sticking it to TT owners then fair play, just dont get caught and dont tell anyone on here unless its by pm of course
    The last thing I want to do is disrespect you,my friend but I am in no way foul of the law. I have done nothing wrong. A hard start to motorway speed does not constitute a prison sentence. Wish I'd kept it shut now!!

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Dont get me wrong Dave, im not classing all BMW or Audi owners as the same, it just that from my experience that its always these that are trying to get passed in a hurry. Probably all rep mobiles or summit, i dont know

My old man was a finance and business manager for VW / Audi for over 30 years, i love the things. I even knocked back an A4 estate the Quattro one for the chance to buy my first T5

Thread Information