Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Smile The latest Audis..T5 fodder!!

Was out playing again and the first to take the bait was an '07 S3. No competition. The blow off from his catalyst was enough to know he was trying his best. No idea what performance this is supposed to have. My smile was starting to fade when the next on tried it on....Does anyone know what a TTs is? Was an 08 reg. It was noticeably better but still not quite good enough. He pulled over and pretended to be on his phone. Aye.......A tuned T5,great aren't they??

This user has no status

Thanks
    271 PS and probably less weight, according to google!
    You'll have to start getting those icons down the side of the car like with WW2 fighter aces used to have, another scalp for Alan!
    94 855 T5 manual

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob S For This Useful Post:

AlanG (Friday 10th April 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Was out playing again and the first to take the bait was an '07 S3. No competition. The blow off from his catalyst was enough to know he was trying his best. No idea what performance this is supposed to have. My smile was starting to fade when the next on tried it on....Does anyone know what a TTs is? Was an 08 reg. It was noticeably better but still not quite good enough. He pulled over and pretended to be on his phone. Aye.......A tuned T5,great aren't they??
    If you want to race other cars why not get yourself a motorsport licence and compete against other cars in a suitable environment. You will find other like minded and a suitable challenge to prove yourself and really find out how good other cars and drivers are. Racing on the public highway is extremely foolish and if you are in an accident you may find that your insurance company won't want to known you. Publicly posting that you have raced another car "out playing" is also something that you may regret as it is documented evidence of your approach to driving on the public highway.
    Past Cars
    '91 440
    '98 V70 T5 MTE
    '93 850 T-5
    '98 S70R MTE
    '98 S70R MTE
    '95 960

'03 S60R
    '03 V70R

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IC View Post
    If you want to race other cars why not get yourself a motorsport licence and compete against other cars in a suitable environment. You will find other like minded and a suitable challenge to prove yourself and really find out how good other cars and drivers are. Racing on the public highway is extremely foolish and if you are in an accident you may find that your insurance company won't want to known you. Publicly posting that you have raced another car "out playing" is also something that you may regret as it is documented evidence of your approach to driving on the public highway.
    Was waiting for this....Always one. No offence to you but did I mention anything about where I was and what speed I was doing? Joining a 70mph motorway from a roundabout that is traffic light controlled can give all the information required...........and it did. As I said,thank you for your input....Alan.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
    271 PS and probably less weight, according to google!
    You'll have to start getting those icons down the side of the car like with WW2 fighter aces used to have, another scalp for Alan!
    Nice one Rob!! Keep the 5 alive....
    Last edited by AlanG; Friday 10th April 2009 at 20:14.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I couldn't agree more, to use the public road as a racetrack is completely moronic and anyone that does it is a tool.

In respect of insurance, what these numpties don't seem to realise is that insurance companies have investigators scanning all the major forums just looking for posts like this.

All they do is note the information, which of course is shared between them all and if poster later makes a claim they will use the information against them if they can.

Like the man said save it for the racetrack!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Was waiting for this....Always one. No offence to you but did I mention anything about where I was and what speed I was doing? Joining a 70mph motorway from a roundabout that is traffic light controlled can give all the information required...........and it did. As I said,thank you for your input....Alan.
    Hi Alan, if you really want to test your car and yourself PM me and I can give you some advice on competing in motorsport.
    Last edited by IC; Friday 10th April 2009 at 20:17.
    Past Cars
    '91 440
    '98 V70 T5 MTE
    '93 850 T-5
    '98 S70R MTE
    '98 S70R MTE
    '95 960

'03 S60R
    '03 V70R

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    I couldn't agree more, to use the public road as a racetrack is completely moronic and anyone that does it is a tool.

In respect of insurance, what these numpties don't seem to realise is that insurance companies have investigators scanning all the major forums just looking for posts like this.

All they do is note the information, which of course is shared between them all and if poster later makes a claim they will use the information against them if they can.

Like the man said save it for the racetrack!
    See last post.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi Alan, if you really want to test your car and yourself PM me and I can give you some advice on competing in motorsport.
    Many thanks to you but work commitments don't allow. If the opportunity ever arises you will be my first port of call.
    While I am editing this....anyone else fancy a pop? Seems having fun in this place nowadays is a crime! Those who feel this way should channel their hard-earned into a Sinclair C5..........Does anyone remember them?? God,I'm old!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AlanG; Friday 10th April 2009 at 20:30.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanG For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 10th April 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    You're the first person to actually mention a speed, no-one said you had broken any speed limits. All that IC pointed out was that racing on the public road is a fools game, you don't have to break the speed limit to be considered to be street racing.

Ooooo....MS50 - Motor racing on the highway...from 3 to 11 Points in one go.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    You're the first person to actually mention a speed, no-one said you had broken any speed limits. All that IC pointed out was that racing on the public road is a fools game, you don't have to break the speed limit to be considered to be street racing.

Ooooo....MS50 - Motor racing on the highway...from 3 to 11 Points in one go.
    Unless you are well read on this and if you are there must be some reason.........I BROKE NO LAW!!!! Wish I hadn't bothered wi this thread now. I mean no offence to anyone,but I do object to people drawing conclusions when political correctness is the motivation. Mr Moderator,please close this thread....
    Last edited by AlanG; Friday 10th April 2009 at 20:49.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Many thanks to you but work commitments don't allow. If the opportunity ever arises you will be my first port of call.
    While I am editing this....anyone else fancy a pop? Seems having fun in this place nowadays is a crime! Those who feel this way should channel their hard-earned into a Sinclair C5..........Does anyone remember them?? God,I'm old!!!!!!!
    Couldn’t agree more you need a bit of fun in these cars that’s why we have them, I’m 4 hours away from the nearest track so if I get caught I will take it on the chin, that’s not to say I drive fast all the time cuz i spend 90% of my time plodding along in my V40 1.9D. Had the S60R out today and on the way to work I took the smile off a young BMW 330ci drivers face. He thought he would be smart and take off past 3 cars like a bullet, just a pity we stopped at a roundabout together and took off together onto the dueller hee hee I doubt he even knew what kind of Volvo it was. He followed me for about 20 miles and when I pulled into my work he had a proper look back at me I just gave him a cheeky wave.
    It must just be us Scots that can drive not those sour plumbs over the boarder hee hee just kidding
    Last edited by volvokid; Friday 10th April 2009 at 20:46.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Couldn’t agree more you need a bit of fun in these cars that’s why we have them, I’m 4 hours away from the nearest track so if I get caught I will take it on the chin, that’s not to say I drive fast all the time cuz i spend 90% of my time plodding along in my V40 1.9D. Had the S60R out today and on the way to work I took the smile off a young BMW 330ci drivers face. He thought he would be smart and take off past 3 cars like a bullet, just a pity we stopped at a roundabout together and took off together onto the dueller hee hee I doubt he even knew what kind of Volvo it was. He followed me for about 20 miles and when I pulled into my work he had a proper look back at me I just gave him a cheeky wave.
    It must just be us Scots that can drive not those sour plumbs over the boarder hee hee just kidding
    This makes me smile.......nice one!!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

All quiet now?? Enough said then.
    Last edited by AlanG; Friday 10th April 2009 at 21:02.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    this is quite an interesting read

http://www.prisondiary.co.uk/

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    read it b4
    Thanks
    Martyn

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Certainly does,but doesn't relate in any way,shape or form. Thanks for your contribution

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ah, I see, once a thread goes in a way you don't like you ask for it to be closed.

With regards to political correctness, highly amusing, I'm one of the least pc folks I know, it's all a load of balls as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, I'm well read on the matter of motoring offences because cars are my hobby, and I consider a good knowledge of the law associated with them to be a good thing. Not everyone reads stuff just because they have to.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Red face

Ok......So from the feedback from this thread,we buy Volvo T5s. We tune them and then we all drive like grandmothers?? Do I detect a wee bit of hypocrysy (sorry about the speling,not a word I use often)? I really do wonder why some members are here. Apologies,just my thoughts.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanG For This Useful Post:

850twr (Saturday 11th April 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    Ah, I see, once a thread goes in a way you don't like you ask for it to be closed.

With regards to political correctness, highly amusing, I'm one of the least pc folks I know, it's all a load of balls as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, I'm well read on the matter of motoring offences because cars are my hobby, and I consider a good knowledge of the law associated with them to be a good thing. Not everyone reads stuff just because they have to.
    Simplistic view. Only reason for that suggestion was because it was very obvious there would never be agreement. Regards.

Thread Information