Join Today

Thread: De-cat?

This user has no status

Thanks

De-cat?

Has anyone de-catted their T5?

I performed this mod on my golf and it benefitte the car soo much, in terms of power, responce and noise..

What are the effects on the T5?
    Worth doing..

(I know its an MOT failure, but thats not a prob before I get the book thrown at me)

Thanks
    Golf 3.0 VR6 'Lowline' show car

Volvo 855 T5 GLT!

Im not a grandad, Im 20!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Had a full s/s system from longlife, took the cat out, def improvement on performance well i reckon, and was throaty as. much louder, bang bang pop if ya get me ;-)

Got vid footage if ya wanna hear it send me an email even easier add me to your msn messenger catch me and i'll send it ya!

Bison

This user has no status
    Thanks
    on a completely different scale, my Mini (all 1000cc of it!) had 2 silencers and a cat. I took the whole thing off and replaced it with a straight through system with a freeflow DTM back box. Noticeably different even on a car like that (god knows what difference on the T5) and it's loud espsescially since i took out all the sound deadening from behind the dash and bulkhead so i can hear the air filter roar aswell. LOL
    Vorspung Durch Technik

This user has no status

Thanks
    Depends on the year of car you have as to whether it can be done, did it on mine and the car well and truly fu**ed up as it was one of the later models with a stupid amount of sensors.

However on the earlier models I can see it giving an excellent performance gain.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I did this on my 850R to test the difference. Scientifically, made the car worse! Overfueled, and louder, and a definate MOT fail too.

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    When I got my awd R it was de-catted with a straight through no silencers and dummy dual rear box's, it was very noisey and howeled in high revs, (which was nice) motorway driving at 70mph was droning and you had to turn the stereo up. the de-cat pipe developed a bad joint and was leaking and was conscious that i needed a cat for mot, got a new Powerflow freeflow universal cat off ebay for £80 and had it fitted with 2.5" stainless either side, I lost some power without a doubt, the droning went a bit quieter on motorways. I was considering a new de-cat pipe and swap over before mot but more expense and couldn't be bothered. I'm sure I read somewhere that if de-catted the lack of back pressure on the turbo can cause it to blow its seals? ...love my pimpmobile though

Pedro Fandango
    This user has no status
    As adam says it does seem to make the car over-fuel because she pops, farts & flames like anything when you back off the throttle (which i love), for the £30 for a straight piece of pipe the difference is un-real.

As also mentioned some T-5 have 2 lamba sensors, 1 after the cat which means it will throw a warning light

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    AS my car is a 1994 and has only 1 sensor before the cat so it doesnt know the difference, so would this be a worth while gain for my car, not forgeting the 19T, does the turbo need back pressure???

This user has no status

Thanks
    Spesh could be a worthwhile mod but you would probs have to get the car mapped around it to take advantage of it as otherwise would probably run rich.

Have a chat with adam see what he thinks as he doesnt like de-catting stuff!

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok mate thanks for the info

Thread Information