Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

new t5 stainless performace exhaust

hi everyone,
    just had a full cat back stainless system fitted by pd gough, watnall,nottingham and just wanted to say it looks and sound fantastic. they used pure 304 stainless steel 16/18g brackets aswell. It is not intrusive and makes a nice deep note idling and a mild sporty note accelerating, with some pos and bangs on the overrun like an 80's audi quattro. It looks and sounds fantastic. around town no louder than a standard one. it cost roughly the same as a ferrita downpipe, including fitting. i recommend highly this exhaust. It has 2 straight through silencers, one rear and one in middle, with no restriction but still not noisy. I can email people pics if interested, via my email anthony.sturgess3@ntlworld.com. I will get it rolling road testd as I have a jr air filter and postthe results when done. pics added now i've worked out how to do it.
    regards
    anthony
    Last edited by badgerbox1; Thursday 7th May 2009 at 20:59. Reason: new photo

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Are you on commission?
    854 T5 Auto.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sounds good - I'd like to see some pics, why not post a few on here?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi dave,
    pics added. thanks.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    Are you on commission?
    I wish. no, was going to go longlife but heard bad reports, just glad i got this one instead.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks very nice indeed, although pops and bangs on overun would lead one to believe that the exhaust gases aren't escaping quickly enough. Is the maker able to alter it to suit?

Get in touch with The Mac Doctor now.
    (Covering Norwich and Norfolk)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Is this on a phase 2 ? Sorry can't tell from those pics, not geeky enough. Oh, and are those Continental ContiSport Contact3 tyres you have on the rear ?

Seriously though, I'm looking for a nice stainless system for my phase 2 - no rush, keeping my eyes peeled though for views and opinions. I think I'd like a twin outlet system though, there are one or two out there, one is a Jetex I think, the other a Heico.
    Last edited by cornclose; Tuesday 12th May 2009 at 15:48.
    Chris
    2010 Alfa Romeo 159 JTDm
    2001 V70 T5 SE (RICA 310)
    1997 9000 Aero (Abbotted)

Visit my Rant

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi cornclose, yes its a p2, in fact a 2006 v70 t5se. they will alter exhaust to suit. I had it rolling road at noble motorsport in chesterfield. It made 296.9 bhp and 267 lb/ft torque (0.9 bar boost). operator commented fuelling was spot on and the car was running perfect. all it has is the exhaust and a jr filter and vpower petrol, so no prob with exhaust gas flow. The tyres are bridgestone potenzea re050a. car still has standard downpipe and cat and has not been mapped, so can highly recommend the exhaust. pops/bangs very subtle. nearly as quiet as standard, no drone on m/way. attatched dyno for you to look at.
    Last edited by badgerbox1; Wednesday 13th May 2009 at 16:00.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info - where are pd gough ? Did they make the exhaust or is it a bought in one which they just fitted ? If so, which one and where was it from ?

Sorry for the questions, but there doesn't seem to be many phase 2 exhausts floating round on here - most are 850 or phase 1 V70 ones...
    Chris
    2010 Alfa Romeo 159 JTDm

Visit my Rant

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi cornclose,
    the exhaust was hand made/fabricated by themselves in 16/18g 304 pure stainless steel. they mostly make exhausts for ferrari's,maseratis, rolls royces, classic cars, etc. It is the purest stainless steel, guaranteed for life, transferable to a new owner. they designed it. the brackets are totally stainless steel. its expensive at £580 cash in hand, nearer £700 if you pay vat. they are on common lane, watnall,nottingham. you can google them, just search for 'pd gough'. please feel free to come and look at my car as you are in notts. I'll happily take you out for a spin so you can see if it's something you might like. I am at kirkby-in-ashfield,notts. I had the same problem as you, I could not find any decent P2 aftermarket exhausts, so why not have one custom made.
    don't hesitate to email me at anthony.sturgess3@ntlworld.com if you would like to come and look and test drive.
    kind regards
    anthony.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to badgerbox1 For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Wednesday 13th May 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Well made looking exhaust and power output on the rolling road is very good for a standard car being as they are supposed to be 260 bhp. Unless of course the standard exhaust is very restrictive to prevent it making the same power as an R

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the offer Anthony, I'll take you up on that nearer the time. Suspension is my next mod I think...
    Chris
    2010 Alfa Romeo 159 JTDm

Visit my Rant

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Glad that you're happy with the exhaust. Not sure I'd use the term purest 304 as there is more than one grade of 304.

You should always get better results with custom exhaust fabricators rather than the banging boxes together with a MIG welder variety.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yes you're quite right iggy, don't want to mislead anyone, to clarify it is definitely pure stainless very strong 16/18g 304 ie magnet won't stick to it, and its is the thick well made stuff not cheap rubbish. more info on the quality is available on their website if anyone interested.
    ant.
    Last edited by badgerbox1; Thursday 14th May 2009 at 06:37.

Thread Information