Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile rear seats in my t5 estate have flaps where loadcover is pulled out from

hello all ive recentley bought a replacement n/s rear seat backrest as the seat was damaged in a malicious act and found that there is a load cover built into the back of the seat but on my car seats there are flaps but no retractible load covers,is it possible to remove the loadcovers from the seats and fit them in the seats that are not damaged? hope u go that ? there is holes at each end just wondered if anyone else has had the same situation??

also the headrest on the replacement seat is very worn and wondered if there was an easy way of taking headrest off as i dont want to break anything, cheers james

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr j hill View Post
    hello all ive recentley bought a replacement n/s rear seat backrest as the seat was damaged in a malicious act and found that there is a load cover built into the back of the seat but on my car seats there are flaps but no retractible load covers,load covers??? you mean the cargo nets??? in place of dog guard??? yes it is but it's a fair job and think you need to get new rivet thingys that go on the outer sides of seats you can see them if you tilt rear backs of seats forward read up on it somewheres likely on here have you tried a search??? cant remember where i read it ;-( iirc. is it possible to remove the loadcovers from the seats and fit them in the seats that are not damaged? hope u go that ? there is holes at each end just wondered if anyone else has had the same situation??

also the headrest on the replacement seat is very worn and wondered if there was an easy way of taking headrest off as i dont want to break anything, cheers james
    head rest i dont know sorry ;-/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5seaterT5x2 For This Useful Post:

james (Friday 10th April 2009)

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    I have no Retracting Cargo Nets in my seats either.

people remove them and sell them seperately on Ebay or the like

Headrests im not too sure about mate, but someone will be along shortly with an explanation

Lee

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

james (Wednesday 8th April 2009)

Thread Information