Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

855 "service" light????????

Not being a volvo expert, but having 20 years mechanic experience behind me, i wonder if there is a way of switching the service light on my T5 off without using a service tool? I have heard that some service lights can be turned off by shorting either 2 pins in the OBD plug, or shorting a pin in the OBD to earth???????
    A friend of mine has a Snap off service tool but its such good quality (and expensive) that it wont do the 850's LMAO!
    Your help guys is always appreciated....
    John
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks
    ello bud, my next door neighbour has just bought a draper service tool which cost him around 25/30quid, it done his 850 2.5 and also done my T5!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ello m8..... forgot to ask ya earlier lol........ Maybe a "drink" is coming his way for the use of that tool then! hahaha Nice to meet ya earlier, must catch up again soon...... maybe try and get that meet organised eh? John
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Not being a volvo expert, but having 20 years mechanic experience behind me, i wonder if there is a way of switching the service light on my T5 off without using a service tool? I have heard that some service lights can be turned off by shorting either 2 pins in the OBD plug, or shorting a pin in the OBD to earth???????
    A friend of mine has a Snap off service tool but its such good quality (and expensive) that it wont do the 850's LMAO!
    Your help guys is always appreciated....
    John
    http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/reset.shtml
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Babybadger For This Useful Post:

DuncVolvoTurbo (Tuesday 14th April 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yer mate be good to meet up again, was good to meet u too mate, I may invest in said tool in a couple of weeks and you would be more than welcome to borrow it m8!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ah ha Mr. Badger! Top-ooooo Me thinks im gonna be doing that tomorrow! yayness......... TYVM

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Smile

Draper do a reset tool for under 40 quid to your door. That's what I did. Am a time-served mechanic myself but that was easiest option....

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I used to have a draper one that I'd lend to members in need, however some kind soul decided they where more in need than me and never returned it.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    disconnect battery wait for master reset,,think its 4 hours resets everything,,,if there is lights thro faults that are not fixed they come back on,,

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Yer mate be good to meet up again, was good to meet u too mate, I may invest in said tool in a couple of weeks and you would be more than welcome to borrow it m8!
    we should do a meet in eastbourne, is central to all 3 of us. Most peeps here are from up north, but there must be more down our way?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    FYI.......... The reset that badger described above worked gr8, no more annoying service light! And yup 850twr... lets arrange summat in eastbourne soon, maybe i will start a thread about arranging a meet, what ya think? Best regards. John

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll be doing this then!
    94 855 T5 manual

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Rob, it didnt work 1st time, i found that you need to be quite quick when pressing the button next to the diagnostic port... Anyway if you make a mistake then just turn off the ign and try again.
    john

This user has no status
    Thanks

hi mate,
    im quite local to you aswell,
    if you need the light putting out then i can do it for you...
    obviously you have done the service lol

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    And yup 850twr... lets arrange summat in eastbourne soon, maybe i will start a thread about arranging a meet, what ya think? Best regards. John
    sounds like a plan mate, see if we can round up some more...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was just about to try this and when i put the plug into number 7 i noticed that the end of the wire had come off,does anyone know where this plug is attached too ??

del

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Give me 10mins m8y, i'll have a look at mine

This user has no status
    Thanks

RE :Service plug wire

Heres a piccy of mine m8! Hope it helps ya

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny5 For This Useful Post:

del182 (Tuesday 14th April 2009),DuncVolvoTurbo (Tuesday 14th April 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    nice one ,just the job .All sorted now and no more service light.

Del

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Annoying that light isnt it lol.........

Thread Information