Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Agreed Tomcat, thats a pretty big swerve from the original thread lol
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status
    Thanks
    my bloody rear pads have just been squeeling did my head in to changed them and it still squeeld after degreasing and anit squeel wasnt impressed stripped em back out and found the spring metal held in by the pins was catching the disc opend it out abit and they stopped yey
    now the bloody front have started now
    family car for the wife performance for me god i love t5s

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It annoys me to the bone, but it must REALLY annoy my neighbours lol...... Only squeals at low speed from say 5mph to 0mph.... Im gonna get some anti-squeal shims from simon this week... Hopefully that will cure it once and for all! hehe
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks

Squeeeling brakes!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingFridgeMover View Post
    Before you spend any real money, it's always worth (once checking the pads have enough thickness not to be changed). Whipping the wheel off, (both sides if nessecary), and spray some good degreaser over both sides of the brake disc, and the pads. I've had this problem on the wife's 806 and my T5, it's caused (mostly) by the person who last fitted brake pads, not copper greasing the parts they should have, (enough lol).

I used some Wurth's degreaser/brake cleaner on both cars, ad so far, touch wood, it's taken away the squeaking..... please, whatever you may think, DON'T use WD-40...
    Thank you....had rear squeaking brakes for nearly nine months now. My garage always wanted to charge me a nice sum, saying they had to take brakes off etc etc £££. Squeeeling got really bad recently so followed your advice re degreaser and.... SILENCE.
    JKA

Always something to do!!
    Thanks
    Mine had shims fitted when I first changed the rear pads but left them out as the new pads had anti squeal on the back, but the new pads squealed, so put the shims back(with the arrow in direction of wheel rotation) and they still squealed, and still do on the second set of pads and discs.

So I'm going to try the de-greaser thing and hope.
    Steve

98 V70 R 2wd auto, RICA 310, strut brace, ITG filter. Soon to come out of mothball.
    99 BMW Z3, owned from new, 30k miles, Garage Queen.
    2005 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6, Current project.

Thread Information