Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

These Volvo's are tough are nt they?

Had a "moment" this morning when I reversed at walking pace straight into a solid metal barrier at work due to me being a knob and not getting enough sleep for the last week. The car crunched to a halt and when I got out, expecting to see the corner pushed in, saw about 3 inches of scuff, and some scratched/cracked paint on the bumper. All the metal work is fine!
    Heavy= strong!
    Happy days
    94 855 T5 manual

This user has no status

Thanks
    They are amazingly tough - I've had the odd scrape over the years and always been surprised at just how well they stand up to a shunt

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i had a t5 estate about 5 years ago and was reversing up my drive not really concentrating (had just lost my mum) bit faster than walking speed glanced in rear view mirror to see the wheelie bin coming through the back window!!! pulled forward and thought how much is this gonna cost! turned out just a new rear window no marks or anything on the rest of the boot or bumper! got window on insurance but front had a whacking big chip in it so got that done on same window claim guy said 'so the bin broke the front window as well?'
    1996 850 T5r, RICA 304, samco radiator, vac lines and boost hoses, powerflex bushes on wishbones and top engine mount, cross drilled and grooved discs, HID's, V70 rear lights, K&N panel in slightly drilled box, powerflex anti roll bar bushes, xc90 spring mounts stage 0, 200,300 miles

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had a toilet break the rear side window on mine a few years ago. Clock the blue plastic bag...

This user has no status
    Eastbourne, East Sussex (home) and Southampton (uni)
    Thanks
    Never damaged any of my volvos (although i will keep quiet about the bmw lol). Although some tool did scrape the rear bumper of my 1st one when id been away in america for a few weeks, one just hope their car came of worse.

1995 854 T5 (upsoloute ecu, koni's etc) sold
    1995 855 T5 (rica 304 and lots of other bits) sold
    1994 Subaru Impreza WRX STi v1
    1995 Clio 1.8 RSi (hoping to swap for a t5 at some point)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    probably written off!
    1996 850 T5r, RICA 304, samco radiator, vac lines and boost hoses, powerflex bushes on wishbones and top engine mount, cross drilled and grooved discs, HID's, V70 rear lights, K&N panel in slightly drilled box, powerflex anti roll bar bushes, xc90 spring mounts stage 0, 200,300 miles

This user has no status
    Thanks
    This is my 70mph crash.

Granted it would of cost £6000+ to fix, BUT imagine if i was in anything smaller, i would of lost my legs, or worse, been killed

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?u=2582&type=sigpic&dateline=1234812291

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Tough isnt the word for the mighty Ovlov's

I went into a wall backwards ( the brake hose split dumping all the fluid on the floor ) so i spun the car round as not to damage the " expensive " end and flattened a brick wall

There wasn't a mark on the bumper not even a scrape, however the wheel didnt have as much luck, big chunk out the alloy and the rear axle had moved forward on one side about 30mm.

The insurance classed it as cat d so i got the car back and broke it then sold the shell.

Happy days and now i have my HLM'D T5

So all worked out for the best

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I bounced a deer off my 850 with barely a scratch, and years ago I received a phonecall from my insurance company asking why I hadn't reported the accident I'd had the previous week with a Metro. I had to confess that I had exchanged details with the driver (it was her fault as I was stationary when she drove into the 240 GLT Estate). However once she'd removed her car from my bumper (N/side door, rear arch and bumper) all I had to do was t-cut out the paint she'd left!!!!
    LandRover Discovery 3 TDV6 six speed manual with Goodyear MT/Rs
    BMW Z4 3.0

This user has no status
    Thanks
    took out large section of fence left a telegraph pole on a 45% angle, new radiator bonnet sledge hammer and tracking later happy days , that was back in my younger dafter standard 850 dayz te he

Thread Information