Join Today

Thread: Hunting Rev's

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy Hunting Rev's

Hi everyone. I am new to this site so please be patient with me.

I am the owner of a C70, T5 2001/X reg which i love to bits but, she is poorly sick at the moment. She is hunting for revs at a stop and has lost power from take off. I believe that it is a fault with the throttle body. Can anyone please tell me if volvo in the UK have decided to help with this problem or am i still gonna have to foot the entire bill. If so any garages that can be recommended. I am in Liverpool but can travel a little.

Thanks... Matty/TUCL

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome. I'm not 100% sure but it may be an ETM issue, use search on here to help.
    It might be a good idea to get the codes read too as it may shed some light on the situation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gareth For This Useful Post:

TUCL (Wednesday 25th March 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers for that Gareth. There are that many posts about it but no real answers. Gonna book it in to get it on a machine asap. Spoke to volvo uk and the nice lady said she may be able to help as my car was on the list for the fault but they stopped doing the clean and software update and new etm last october. Which is no good as mine was fine then lol. Gonna get it diagnosed and call her back.

Matty

This user has no status
    Thanks
    With the engine running, unplug the MAF sensor and see if it makes a difference, if it doesnt, it may be the MAF. I think normally ETM's throw up a management light.

A welcome to the C70 Club
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddo For This Useful Post:

TUCL (Friday 27th March 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Liddo

I put it on a diagnostic yesterday and it showed it was the airflow meter which i am hoping it is. Gonna throw one on next week, got one for £60 off a mate. If it helps for future i was told to check the air pipes a while back, the one behind the ECU. Sprayed it with WD40 an the revs settled for about 10 seconds. If it does turn out to be the AFM, suppose its a little trick for people in future.

MAtty/TUCL

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I replaced the Air fllow meter with a new one the other day and the car became worse than it was. The revs dipped more to nearly cutting out so, i put the old one back in. still hunting but not as near as bad as the new one made it. Does this mean it is the air flow meter or just highlighting thats its the Throttle Body.

Getting desperate now. As you can see i know Jac about this.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Is it a genuine Bosch MAF? The copy units are notoriously poor.

With regards to the ETM, the clean/update is no longer available from Volvo. Instead, they now sell the ETM itself at cost (£145 IIRC). On top of that is the software download, gasket and labour. Total is approx £250 all in. You can fit the new ETM by yourself, but the car will be in limp home mode until softwaare upload is completed.

Have you actually checked to see if you have had an ETM replacment in the past? Looking down the front of the block you should find a black, plastic unit roughly in the centre. On top will be a Magnetti Marelli label. If it's white, it is original, if it's yellow it's been replaced previously.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wombatbomb For This Useful Post:

TUCL (Thursday 9th April 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers wombatbomb

Thread Information