Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Towbar identification

Evening All

I am considering fitting a towbar to my 850 T5R, and it has had one fitted previously. It has all the wiring and plug fitted, and a kind of steel 'stub' mounted under the floor as you can see in the photo. Does anyone recognise it? Is it a known fit, and if so, can I get the towbar part that I presume attaches to this steel stub?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm that looks like a fitting for a straight tow-bar of some kind, like the type you see the AA or RAC patrols using..... With a normal tow ball type of towbar, you have a flange assy that the ball bolts to! (like the one pictured) Not too sure what the one is you got on the back of ur volvo tho ?????

This user has no status
    Thanks
    been raking about, pretty sure this is what is refered to as a detachable towbar, haven't found one with a round socket for the hook yet but something like

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/...tate-9397.html

I reckon if you get on your back you should be able to see a manufacturers mark somewhere

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That looks like the fixed half of a factory Volvo detachable tow hitch, I'd almost swear it.
    My old 855 had a factory fit detachable and it looked very similar to that.

Here:

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Mine has the same fitting, its the factory fitted one from volvo. Only mine is stuck on the car, it has rusted on. There is also a grey plastic cover which fits over the stump when not in use to make it look prettier.

And I also found out the other day that the muppet who fitted the wiring cut the near side fog light wires to attach them to the towbar electrics, so now I've only got one rear foglight! I'm gonna sort it once the weather improves.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You might be able to pick up the missing bits from Salvo or flea bay.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks very much for your help guys, I'll start looking then!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yep is the stock Volvo one, I have that exact one on the back of my 850R and I also have the detached tow hitch, but leave it off the car. I just want the thing removed as it looks like it ways a fair bit, tried taking it off the car but held on with a LOT of bolts that are seized on, think I will have to get it cut off.
    VOLVO 854R (1996 model)

Thread Information