Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    I had a newish imprezza STI welded to my rear bumber untill I hit 60 mph and third gear then it was bye bye time.

Not in England at the time obviously
    Last edited by lance; Wednesday 1st April 2009 at 18:29. Reason: Isle of Man
    2004 V50 T5 SE

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    I have the HLM 304 on my T5 Auto.

No problems with it at all and goes like the proverbial rocket

Apart from the big guns i.e. M3's and the like theres not much about Oldham that can keep up when it gets going

Have to get passed the wheel spin first though it has to be fed in gradually up to about 35 - 40mph then foot to the floor and bye bye.

I was also advised of the 280 as mine is an auto but i would always have been wondering what the 304 was like.

Best mod ive ever had on any car and well worth the 200 mile round trip

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Smile

Got the HLM stage one (280) on mine and it's a rocket from about 2000 and a bit rpm. From what I read and speaking to Hamish,I compromised. Depends on your driving style. What I am still unsure of is the real result of the 304. I spoke to Hamish in depth and he told me that 280 is the title of the upgrade. In reality expect 265-270 if healthy car.I wasn't a buyer for the 304 as I wasn't interested in Saab 99 Turbo on/off delivery. Reason for this was I already knew that the delivery was nowhere near as smooth which Hamish confirmed. Volvo could have marketed this car such is the silky,smooth power delivery. Loaded with 5 fatties,it will climb hills in 5th at low rpm. I mean 1100rpm. What more can I say? Anyone thinking of an upgrade,look beyond the numbers. You don't need mbc's or dv's or reverse intercooler flow. The ecu is what controls everything right down to your a/c. Unless you're going racing,you never need to touch the engine in these cars. They are bombproof. Regular oil changes (6000miles is safe) and you should be fine. Use semi synthetic oil (not fully) each time. Mine is a flying machine,thanks to HLM. Any q's,call the man. He is a diamond.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just read this thread - need to be careful on boasts and raced this and that.

1. Forums are often monitored for this sort of thing.

2. Judging by some posts an accident waiting to happen - think of others chidren, wives, parents who could be on the road / walking when your old 850 / V70 loses control and kills or injures someone inc yourself.

No kill joy but there is a time and place for this and its not on the road - certainly not tailgating at 140mph...

Be warned.
    Volvo 855 2.5 10v CD

Its got everything except a turbo - boo hoo...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850 2.5 10v View Post

2. Judging by some posts an accident waiting to happen - think of others chidren, wives, parents who could be on the road / walking when your old 850 / V70 loses control and kills or injures someone inc yourself.

No kill joy but there is a time and place for this and its not on the road - certainly not tailgating at 140mph...

Be warned.
    Read carefully and i was only going 14.0 mph which is perfectly legal.
    Volvo 855 t5 estateRica 280,V70 rear lights,V70 side repeaters,S60 17" tethys alloys, Powerflex top engine mount,eibach springs,front and rear strut brace,k&n panel filter,R front bumper
    To do:,bsr exhaust,HID's,window tints?

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by my t5 View Post
    read carefully and i was only going 14.0 mph which is perfectly legal.
    lol.

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cherry1809 For This Useful Post:

My T5 (Wednesday 22nd April 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850 2.5 10v View Post

Be warned.
    Yawn , there had to be one.

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    exactly!! what's the point in owning a fast car if you cant drive it fast.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danny-R For This Useful Post:

850twr (Wednesday 1st April 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking

A fella in an audi A3 2.0 TDi tryed to beat me on the way to work this morning. People with there smelly 2.0 TDi's and 140 bhp make me laugh when they say " its dead fast " I just say " Ye is it mate " happy days. LOL.....
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    and a honda s2000 tonight in a proper race tho to be fair there was nothing in it but wi a longer road i would of been past..

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    exactly!! what's the point in owning a fast car if you cant drive it fast.
    Having read this purile cr*p, all I can say is, get yourself a competition license, take it to the track and leave the normal roads to the rest of us.

That way we won't have to face to@@ers like you coming around the bend, sideways on the wrong side of the road!

Thread Information