Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

When was ETM first used?

Hopefully going to have a look at a V70 T5 auto this week, it's a 1998 registered in Jan of '98.

Is this likely to have ETM?

I have done a little research on this, but as I was initially looking at late 850 or 96/97 V70 I hadn't really considered it, but was told '98 onwards.

Had many of the issues been sorted under warranty/recall or not? This one has full service history, but not sure how much is Volvo.

What is the cost of a replacement ETM, and is it DIY job, or does the car need some sort of ECU re-program afterwards?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Its 99MY so anything mid to late 98 onwards, either flick on ingition switch to position 1 and see if there is an ETM warning light (it should go off, same as ABS etc - but will show car is ME7)

or lift bonnet and see if it has a distributor and HT leads - if it aint its ME7

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Blue grill badge (if fitted) & a missing throttle cable are a give away too.

My V70 was registered Nov 98 & Volvo see it as a 99 model.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ah OK, thanks. I haven't seen any pics of the engine bay, so can't see the throttle cable or lack of!!

I guess I'll find out when I go to see it for sure, but sounds like it's pre ETM, which is good

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    basically volvo built the cars as 1999 models during 1998, some left early and were registered and on the road during 1998. you can tell the model year by the badge on the grille, as said above. blue is the etm wielding 99 or newer model

The VIN never lies and the 10th digit of the 17 digit VIN is the model year indicator, and the letter identifies the model year, so if its a V=1997, W=1998, X=1999 and Y=2000

Simon
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Rufe, it did turn out to be non ETM, and a bit of a dog actually, lol!

Thread Information