Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Door opening help.

My S80 Saloon back passanger door won't open! I've tried unlocking/locking it. The pin goes up if i try and open it from the inside but still won't open up...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would like to try and get this solved asap as really annoying.

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    My S80 Saloon back passanger door won't open! I've tried unlocking/locking it. The pin goes up if i try and open it from the inside but still won't open up...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would like to try and get this solved asap as really annoying.

Thanks
    I suspect you have the child locks set. Open the door and look for a slideable button on the edge of the door near the actual latch.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ah sorry didnt describe it properly. i can't even open the door from the outside. so at the moment its stuck!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with mine. I took the door inlay off and found the pull cable from the handle had fallen off, just needed clicking back in.

Saying that though it would open from the outside and not from inside so maybe different problem but worth a try though. Good luck

Mark
    V70 T5 P2 2001

RICA UPGRADE
    KONI FSD SHOCKS
    EIBACH SPRINGS
    POLY TOP MOUNT
    18" NEBULA'S

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cheers, will give it a go. In terms of taking the inner door card off, Any guidence to get me started would be appreciated, as dont want to ruin the leather.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Its actually much easier than you think, I was surprised as I'm not technical in any way. You basically start by prizing the pull handle off the inside of the door. Use a very small flat head screwdriver and do it from the bottom so then if you do mark it a bit you won't see it. you then need to unscrew the two torx screws behind it. You then need to take off all the clips round the edge of the inside of the door. You do this by pressing down on the button in the middle of the clips then prizing them off. Be careful not to lose the two bits though as I did! (to put them back put the outer bit in first then just click the inner button back in till it clicks.) You then need to carefully lift the entire inside door panel up and off. Remember everything is still plugged in electrics wise so be careful. You should then be able to inspect the problem without unplugging anything. If it is the same problem as me you should just be able to grab the cable and slot it back into place. Good Luck. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
    Mark
    V70 T5 P2 2001

RICA UPGRADE
    KONI FSD SHOCKS
    EIBACH SPRINGS
    POLY TOP MOUNT
    18" NEBULA'S

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Right just had a go at taking inner door card off. I think i know what to do now. I managed to unscrew the 2 torx screws and one of the clips going round the side. However looking at the other doors in order to get to them i need the door open. Looks like im going to have to destroy the inner card and get another one.

Unless anyone got any other ideas?
    Otherwise it looks like i'll have to go to the scrappys and find the exact inner door card, or go to volvo and see how much they would fix for (any ideas on what price they would charge?)

Also got my MOT coming up, would that fail with one door not opening?

Thanks for help so far.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    However looking at the other doors in order to get to them i need the door open
    Sorry mate, I didn't read your post properly, of course if you can't open the door you can't get to the other clips. I will have another think.

Good luck
    V70 T5 P2 2001

RICA UPGRADE
    KONI FSD SHOCKS
    EIBACH SPRINGS
    POLY TOP MOUNT
    18" NEBULA'S

This user has no status
    Thanks
    From my time at the dealer I remember a few instances of this problem on S80s. I don't remember that we ever got a rear door open without damaging/destroying the door card.

Check out 'Readview' - a breakers in Accrington, Lancs, and a member on here - to see if they have a door card for you and then hack away when you've found one.

BTW you will NOT get an MOT if the rear door is not functioning.

Once you have sorted your door lock then make sure that you do not use the child lock to reduce the chances of this happening again. . .

J

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cool thanks for help. I'm thinking i may just take to a dealer and see how much they will fix for otherwise i'll go to the breakers as you said.

Thread Information