Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

exhaust choice for 850 t5-r and dump valve query

well seen as im keeping the green goddess now i`m going to trear her to a new system,im looking for best quality and sound and wondered if any body could give me names and companies of who could provide me with one and also would a dump valve effect my performance?my friend has just put one on his and had nothing but hassle,could you reccommend a suitable one for my car,or blow off valve,many thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have a Bailey DV36 twin piston BOV on mine, no problems as yet, prob had it about 6 months or so. I don't think you will have any problems if you get a twin piston jobbie, the single pistons seem to cause an air leak (I think).

i've just had a CAT back system put on mine at a place in the mids called LTC, excellent job and price, info here: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...light=cat+back

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan850T5 For This Useful Post:

fozzybear850r (Thursday 12th March 2009)

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    Ferrita full system. You wont be dissaponited! As for a dump valve have you thought of having a forge blanking plate and cone filter? With that you'll get the turbo stall noise and dispite what people say it wont damage your turbo as we don't run high enough boost pressures.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saaamon For This Useful Post:

fozzybear850r (Friday 13th March 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    saaamon, I ran a universal sorta mushroom filter on mine and sure it contributed to my plugs fouling, poss from overfueling?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan850T5 For This Useful Post:

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan850T5 View Post
    saaamon, I ran a universal sorta mushroom filter on mine and sure it contributed to my plugs fouling, poss from overfueling?
    A cone shouldn't cause the plugs to fail, i know some people don't like using cone filters because the oil they use to attract the dust "can" come off and damage the MAF but i know a couple of people who use BSR's and have had no problems with them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saaamon For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    fozzybear850r I have a 850r and I'm running A BSR open filter with a forge blanking plate and have no problems at all and it sounds grate, as for Exhausts If money is no object Ferrita is the way to go but I have a BSR system and its grate. Give RT Mechanics a call They would be happy to help you and give advice on what to run and Exhausts Prices.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 850r boy For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    IN MY PUB IN SWANSEA SA2 7DS WITH TONS OF BEER AND ALCOHOL AND NOT HAVING TO BUY ANY AT ALL......
    Thanks
    i have had loads of performance exshausts over the years and still to this day i would say to anyone looking for performance, quality of finish, service, and sound then go for longlife and forget any other.
    make it while you wait to your liking and the sound you want all at no extra cost.

1996 850 t5 saloon and it cost me £328 back in 2003 that was for a full sports from cat back finished with a 4" rolled out tail pipe. ask wobbly dave he may remember its sound and look and he also has a pic of it on his big red volvos web site under the heading cream teas ( we went to devon camping)

martyn
    volvo v70 2001 2.4 170 bhp

on the look for a volvo v70r 2004 onwards
    did have a 96 n reg t5 saloon

This user has no status
    IN MY PUB IN SWANSEA SA2 7DS WITH TONS OF BEER AND ALCOHOL AND NOT HAVING TO BUY ANY AT ALL......
    Thanks
    found the pic of my exshaust mentioned on the above thread on daves website.

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images...04/exhaust.jpg

martyn
    volvo v70 2001 2.4 170 bhp

on the look for a volvo v70r 2004 onwards
    did have a 96 n reg t5 saloon

Thread Information