Join Today
Page 77 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2680
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    it just decreases the braking pressure on the rear. Tbh as i'm only running 302's on the front i don't really need it, but as i'm messing with the brake pipework anyway i thought i might as well

just gives me a bit more options to set her up how i drive
    I'm guessing this not an option if you run with ABS - or does the ecu still have some ABS ability if the braking bias is altered? Purely academic from my road car perspective of course. Could you increase bias to the rear (not that I'm suggesting you should)?
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jardon View Post
    I'm guessing this not an option if you run with ABS - or does the ecu still have some ABS ability if the braking bias is altered? Purely academic from my road car perspective of course. Could you increase bias to the rear (not that I'm suggesting you should)?
    i can't see why it shouldn't be compatible with ABS, i know on the older 850 system the rear braking is done with one pipe from the pump (& not even sure if ABS stops rear's locking) so the valve can still be installed, & as i don't believe it measures the actual pressure in the line the ECU shouldn't know any different. No i can't increase the bias over the standard pressure, you could install another valve in the front brake line to achieve the same effect, even then you could still use with ABS but have to place the valve between the master cylinder & the ABS pump before the lines are split for left & right

This user has no status

Thanks
    i can't see why it shouldn't be compatible with ABS, i know on the older 850 system the rear braking is done with one pipe from the pump (& not even sure if ABS stops rear's locking) so the valve can still be installed, & as i don't believe it measures the actual pressure in the line the ECU shouldn't know any different.
    Makes sense if line pressure isn't measured. I guess if you fit better brakes to the front you increase forward weight transfer when braking and need to reduce braking force at the rear (as the rear is now lighter)?
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Just been doing a bit of googling and came across a thread on volvospeed, from 2009.
    Quote..."no it should still pass an MOT, all the lights still work & still got the very basics it needs for the test. I have got to replace the windscreen, make some door cards & i think its ready"
    Ring any bells Pedro?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Tuesday 6th September 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Just been doing a bit of googling and came across a thread on volvospeed, from 2009.
    Quote..."no it should still pass an MOT, all the lights still work & still got the very basics it needs for the test. I have got to replace the windscreen, make some door cards & i think its ready"
    Ring any bells Pedro?
    plans have obviously changed a bit since then lol, i'd only just took her off the road around 2009 so was just going to be a quick strip & race at the time

my very own stalker lol

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    plans have obviously changed a bit since then lol, i'd only just took her off the road around 2009 so was just going to be a quick strip & race at the time

my very own stalker lol
    Naah, was looking for some unrelated info using a picture search and saw the big tosser number plate and had a look. Had nice wheels on it back then tho.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    tbh i didn't look to hard into the different steering rack, what i did in the end was remove the Volvo mechanical power steering pump & fitted a 5hitroen electric pump in the boot. I've wired it thru a switch so can switch turn the power steering off when i want

Guessing the pump is off a Saxo? They have an extremely light wheel, you can turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary with your little finger, plus it feels way over assisted when driving and doesn't give any feedback. But that's on a Saxo.

Impressions of it on a light Volvo?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
    Guessing the pump is off a Saxo? They have an extremely light wheel, you can turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary with your little finger, plus it feels way over assisted when driving and doesn't give any feedback. But that's on a Saxo.

Impressions of it on a light Volvo?
    i haven't put any fluid in the system yet. I've wired the pump thru a switch so can turn it off whenever i want. Even without the pump the steering isn't too bad tbh so do think it'll be off most of the time

Thanks
    more pressies from postman pat, my quick release steering wheel hub & 470cc injectors. The steering hub does make the wheel a bit close but its nothing i can't live with

This user has no status
    Thanks
    more pressies from postman pat, my quick release steering wheel hub & 470cc injectors. The steering hub does make the wheel a bit close but its nothing i can't live with

Hi mate i do like the steering wheel and boss lol ,where did you get it from?and what did you pay for the injectors if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850Rick View Post
    Hi mate i do like the steering wheel and boss lol ,where did you get it from?and what did you pay for the injectors if you dont mind me asking?
    the quick release i got off ebay LINK, you'll need to use it with an aftermarket wheel & Momo hub. I wouldn't recommend using it on a road car a the indicator & wiper stalks are quite a way from the wheel & a pain reach

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sounds good mate.Im waiting for the good bit where you wire up the speedo wire lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to T4Rick For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 7th September 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850Rick View Post
    Sounds good mate.Im waiting for the good bit where you wire up the speedo wire lol
    i'll get there, found out one of the wires left to do on the boost controller is for the speedo so might change it all around just for you lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i'll get there, found out one of the wires left to do on the boost controller is for the speedo so might change it all around just for you lol
    Please mate pmsl i really want to remove mine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts

A mate of mine managed to modify my steering rack, to overcome that same problem.

it does mean the quick release/ adjustment doesnt work anymore, but once in place, do you really need it???

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JT For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Thursday 8th September 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytempest View Post
    A mate of mine managed to modify my steering rack, to overcome that same problem.

it does mean the quick release/ adjustment doesnt work anymore, but once in place, do you really need it???
    i'm going to let others have a drive so do want it still adjustable. The Momo boss is very deep so get that cut down or a special made if there are issues, i don't mind it as i like the wheel close but see how others get on

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hello mate. Aint you finished BT yet Pedro. I disaapear for a while to let you get on, come back and have a lil look to see the beast, quite frankly i am gutted all my hopes and dreams finished LOL. Cant be far away now from finishing is she?.
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kee1173 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Thursday 8th September 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    Hello mate. Aint you finished BT yet Pedro. I disaapear for a while to let you get on, come back and have a lil look to see the beast, quite frankly i am gutted all my hopes and dreams finished LOL. Cant be far away now from finishing is she?.
    lol well you can't rush these things lol (or is it because i'm a lazy b*stard lol). No not got much left, put the renew the brakes, new windscreen & plumb the radiator, think thats all

This user has no status
    Thanks
    sounds like my issue list on the R at the mo LOL. knew i should have stuck to my never own a car for more than 6 months routine lol
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts
    pedro,

steering adjustment

ok, this is the modified part
    he has filed down the inner section from round to having 2 flat sides

this is where it goes on the spindle

which helps it pass this groove

and then goes all the way to here

does that make any sense?? lol

Thread Information