Join Today
    Needs more boost
    Thanks

Angry help please! lambda light on, need code reader.

hi there, i'v just been to my local volvo dealer and was told i'd have to pay £105 to get diagnostics done on my t5-r. car runs fine and passed MOT today with an advisory on front tires..
    If any one in north-east area with code reader could flash codes up for me i'd gladly pay for your time/ petrol.
    Or if anyone has a used sensor for sale or know where i could source one from as cheap as possibe.
    the lambda sensor seems to work fine as it passed emissions np. looks recently new, no rust or visable defects to the wire,
    any advice will be much appreciated
    danny

This user has no status
    Thanks
    this happend on my t5 it turned out to be the lambda sensor intermittent signal

i got mine from here

http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/mjust.htm

not the cheapest but next day delivery a bosch item and less than half the dealer price, there are cheaper ones on ebay / cats direct /gsf etc.

i made my own fault code reader/reset tool.....................

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=42315

it cost about 3 quid in parts from maplins
    Last edited by jay30h; Monday 2nd March 2009 at 18:02.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jay30h For This Useful Post:

danny-R (Monday 2nd March 2009)

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    tthanks for that mate, all sounds a bit complicated but i'l have a go, how hard can it be.
    with the lambda light on i assume engine won't be producing the right power? i bought car with the light on and it feels quick boosts fine, but was in a standard t5-r a while ago and i seem to remember it pulled like #### and think it should be quicker.
    thanks anyway ii'm off to maplins.

This user has no status

Thanks
    hi if you would like to pay for the post there and back registard i will loan you won.i hope i am doing the wright thing 07771554978

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    mine came on and i realised id left a nipple off the vacuum tree. replaced it and light went out with in a few miles. im not saying thats gna be your prob, but theres a high chance its air leak related, so just check all your pipes etc. good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 850twr For This Useful Post:

danny-R (Saturday 6th February 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You can get fault codes stored for items faulty then replaced without having the codes cleared. Try unplugging your ECU overnight to see if it clears your codes. Fuel trim codes can also cause a lambda light to show but those fuel trim problems are a little harder to diagnose without the right software.

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    thanks alan iv tried takin battery leads off overnight twice but never worked,
    oh and thanks ctautos for the offer may still acccept, been quoted £50 for a bosch one so looks like i'll have to buy one on the weekend.
    i tried to flash codes up last night in the dark, got stressed out and left it gonna have another go at it now
    cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jay30h View Post

i made my own fault code reader/reset tool.....................

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=42315

Good link that..

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=52900

Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    thanks alan iv tried takin battery leads off overnight twice but never worked,
    oh and thanks ctautos for the offer may still acccept, been quoted £50 for a bosch one so looks like i'll have to buy one on the weekend.
    i tried to flash codes up last night in the dark, got stressed out and left it gonna have another go at it now
    cheers
    You have a permanent code, which means as soon as you try to start the car the code is logged and the Lambda light goes on....
    You will need to read the code to see what it is, repair and then remove it...
    Cheers
    Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 20419

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    well... i'v had no joy getting codes flashed although i have ordered a lambda sensor for £50.50 fit that tomorrow and it that doesnt remove the light then it looks like i'll have to get robbed by volvo £105 just to book it in. which in my oppinion is daylight robbery.
    is there anyone in north-east area that has the technology / knowledge to read / reset codes i'd pay a fair price, pm me if interested.

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    just managed to flash up code 2-3-2 which i believe is lambda sensor.
    only worked once when i tried to do it again it wouldnt work nor would it let me re-set light. getting new lambda fitted tomoro so will let ya know how i get on cheers.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hello there did the lambda work? i have the same problem with my light but if anything i have more power because when i reset my light the revs drop down 1.500????????? james

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    just managed to flash up code 2-3-2 which i believe is lambda sensor.
    only worked once when i tried to do it again it wouldnt work nor would it let me re-set light. getting new lambda fitted tomoro so will let ya know how i get on cheers.
    Code 232 is usually due to an induction air leak, the most common cause is a perished vacuum line elbow on the steering pump end of the inlet manifold.
    Cheers
    jod

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 20419

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jod T5 For This Useful Post:

danny-R (Saturday 6th February 2010)

Thread Information