Please can you vote in this poll, and maybe give a bit of feedback too?

Some of you might have read another thread of mine saying I was taking my 850 to have the PCV system replaced by my local Volvo dealer. Well, when it was in I asked if they could make me up a new set of number plates (make them up, not fit them).

When I returned, they had fitted them......by drilling new holes in the front bumper (holes were already there), and by drilling in the boot lid (there were no holes there before). As you can imagine, I was pretty damn furious at this, as I know the damage that drilling into the metal of the boot can do (as seen on my 940). Firstly I asked why they had fitted them when I hadn't asked them to, I was told "as there was no plate on the back, we had to fit them to road test the vehicle". Ok, there wasn't a plate attached to the boot, it was infact sitting in the rear window. However even if this had been an issue, why did they not use garage plates? What would they have done if I hadn't of asked for number plates?

So, the next and major question, why did they think it was a good idea to drill into the boot lid? I was told, "we have a PDI template that we have for all cars, and we used that to fit the plates correctly." Is it just me, or does that sound like a load of ****? Am I wrong in thinking, that the early Volvos (not sure about the newer ones) actually had a Bodywork Guarantee that included rust, and by drilling into the metal would infact invalidate guarantee? If this is right, then they wouldn't have a PDI plate template. I asked what sort of "comeback" would I have against them if the boot did start to rust, and I was told "none, the car is too old".

I know that this is an old car (nearly 15 years old), and that it isn't worth a great deal of money, but it is MY car, and I love it. I would never have done something as stupid as drilling the plates on, especially as it has never been done, so what on earth was the Main Dealer thinking?

That is why I have posted this poll, I would like to know how many of your 850s have had their number plates attached using screws in the boot lid...I would presume that it isn't many. I would then like to take this number to the Managing Director of the dealers, and let them now what their staff are doing to customers cars, and even could be lying about their practices.

I will be getting a price for supplying a boot lid, painting, and fitting it and asking for compensation of this amount. Maybe even going to the small claims court if necessary.

Is this a pointless cause? Am I being too petty? Will I just get laughed at?

Let me know what you think guys & thanks for reading!