Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

cat back stainless

hi guys, got my cat back fitted last week, really impressed. My neighbours aint to happy tho, whenever i start it up(without revving it) it sets off 2 car alarms in the street! i litrally just turn the key!! it aint loud, just a really deep burble! low frequencies must trigger the sensors on the cars! lol
    DONT EVER JUDGE ME

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Get some pics up DON lol btw top geezer

This user has no status

Thanks
    LOL!! Looks like you'll be having to move then!!

x

Gwaredd
    This user has no status
    Have you got a 1 or 2 box system Don?

Cheers,

Gwaredd.

jim.covers
    This user has no status
    More info please Don!

What make, who fitted it please.

I'm looking at getting a twin fitted on mine, have to meet up with Stu... when i get a chance... he likes his, from powerflow stockport.
    Last edited by jim.covers; Wednesday 11th May 2005 at 16:54.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i will post some pics later guys, i have got one silencer, but its just basically a thicker extension of the tailpipe! i got it from blueflame performance, custom built in a few hours. sizzlechest took it up there for me and also managed to barter on the price for me. I paid 275 all in and i had the pleasure of using his car for the day! mine was soooooo slow when i got it back in comparison!........rica needed on mine!! Im looking to get a stage 2 in august hopefully...bring it on!!
    DONT EVER JUDGE ME

Pedro Fandango
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.covers
    I'm looking at getting a twin fitted on mine, have to meet up with Stu... when i get a chance... he likes his, from powerflow stockport.
    mine is Powerflow & can't fault them at all, but do check quality of there work because they are a franchise & standards vary between branches

jim.covers
    This user has no status
    Cheers Pedro,

I have read that about powerflow, But i have spoke to a couple of peeps who have had work done at stockport, both seem well happy, i have got to meet up with StuAWD when i get a minute spare.

Also spoke with the guy in charge at stockport, he advised me to pop in first and have a look round etc. b4 i decide what to go for... cant say fairer than that.

Any1 have any opinions on the Twin cat backs... Good or bad?

Pedro Fandango
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.covers
    Any1 have any opinions on the Twin cat backs... Good or bad?
    thats what i have (although the cat has been removed as well now), i only had the single medium silencer & it didn't have free up the revs after removing the standard petrol tank sized box. Just let them know exactly what your after & they'll make the best system for you

Andrew
    This user has no status
    I'm considering getting VT to fit a Miltek sports cat /exahust... anyone any thoughts on this ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No problem's with POWERFLOW ' zaust's, tell 'em what you want- size, sound, looks, and away they go to build it up as they go (custom). I had mine done at the Doncaster branch, not much of a place to look at, but they did a A1 job on mine. I ended up going for a 2.5inch bore, with a single inward rolled 4inch tail pipe. Sounds very nice on tick over (nice burble), smooth power delivery on the gas with a base like grunt + a lttle pop & bang on the over-run. This matched with the turbo whine- as it spools up, and the sudden rush of bled air from the dump valve.
    This is what owning a 5 pot turbo's about!!!!!!

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    IME, the loudness of the systems are

Powerflow, then TME, then Miltec, then Stock. I think that the PF one would get on my nerves after a while.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dave has the TME on his beast and it makes a lovely whhaaaarrrpppp noise going through the Brum tunnels.
    Where mine is standard and is a wooooshhhh.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

jim.covers
    This user has no status
    Pedro, They look sweet.

How shiny is ur car u wud give Dave a run

Camo... is it just a case of goin in and sayin what u want... Like, i dont want summat 2 loud, i want a nice grunt when i'm plantin it but when im just cruisin on motorway etc. i wanna be able hear meself think... if u know what i mean.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so can they fit a double exhaust on ANY motor? haven't looked but mine only has one exhaust so I imagine there's only one hanger..... dont want someone bodging bits on the bottom

Pedro Fandango
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by rs_andy
    so can they fit a double exhaust on ANY motor? haven't looked but mine only has one exhaust so I imagine there's only one hanger..... dont want someone bodging bits on the bottom
    they can fit a double depending whats hanging underneath the car (other makes have spare wheel etc) but they had plenty of room on my 850, they do have to weld an extra hanger on for the otherside so nothing is bodged, i've had mine on for about 4 years now with no problems at all

Thread Information