Join Today

Thread: Poor running

This user has no status
    Thanks

Poor running

Good morning,

now i've looked through lots of threads for suggestions and quickly tried a few fixes to no avail. The sympton are very similar to some previous threads and it seemed one of the cases the petrol was to blame however this does not apply here.
    I had run the car low on petrol but not until the light was showing so about 70 miles left. The car was running fine when i parked it then later, when i went to warm it up and came back to it, it was missing but on revving it cleared. When i went to drive it away it went through all the signs of lack of petrol ie would start fine then run off like lack of petrol.
    I filled it with petrol, changed the fuel filter and checked the strainer on the fuel pump pick up and it was still the same. I downloaded the codes and all that was wrong was the slow speed fan which i fixed and cleared. The car went fine but now symtoms are similar. It will start and run fine but when you pull away at low revs it is very lumpy until you give it the shoe and it picks up fine and when cruising still feels slightly lumpy but pulls away no bother.
    I have checked the MAF and cleaned, had a quick look at the TB & AIV which although has signs of oil is not bad. Seems to be even less economical than before.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have any suggestions, i have a week off next week so i can have a proper look.

PS plugs were changed 6000 miles ago.

thanks in advance

Rory

This user has no status
    Thanks

Question

Hi mate.
    Sounds like it could be on the ignition side (old school) when did it last have a cap and rotor or leads...
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

Thread Information