Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Drivers door removal.

Anyone done t? If so how?
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I swapped one of my front doors,you need to undo the check strap and the hinge bolts thats it.They are heavy though.Oh! and undo the wiring harness that the black circular plastic thing just twist to undo iirc.
    Last edited by T5-TEZ; Wednesday 4th February 2009 at 13:09. Reason: more info

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Semtex

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dont touch hinge bolts, undo the star as you look at hinge and lift door up the way, do it this way and the alignment wont be affected.

I had a faulty window motor in mine, breakers wanted a tenner for motor, it was 20 for complete door in same colour, took literally 5 mins to swap door. It was worth an extra tenner to avoid the hassle of taking door panel off , swapping motors etc !!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Banana For This Useful Post:

Niles (Wednesday 4th February 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Didn`t mention the star ones as mine were solid and it was easier to take the hinges off either way it doesn`t take that long.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you are going to put the old door back on just undo the torx bolt on the hinge pins. Whatever you do don't take the hinges off. Re-alignment is a right pig because of the weight of the door. If you are going to replace the door with another you will have to put the part of the hinge that fits on the door from your old door ( Take measurements from your old door for the correct positioning of the hinge). Do not remove the hinge from the door frame. I found the door strap hindered movement so as I had the door stripped down I removed that. Be very careful the first time you close it. Do it very slowly to make sure you don't catch the edges and b****r the door. Best of luck!

Thread Information