Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile volvo 400 turbo(B18FT)

Hello site members
    I am new to this volvo forum. i'm currently re-building a volvo 400 turbo engin. Does anyone know the maximum power that this type of engine can give or what is the maximum power that anyone has had from this engine?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kieron1980 For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Thursday 8th July 2010)

This user has no status

A large blue spinning semi molten rock floating in space
    Thanks
    welcome earthling!
    red 96 850 t5 rica304 K&N cone filter Bailey dump valve
    ferrita 2.5 in cat back
    "A volvo isn't made for tupperware parties"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zoomungus For This Useful Post:

kieron1980 (Wednesday 4th February 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i had a nice 440 turbo few years ago and was told 200 bhp was a safe limit for the internals but i heard of 1 running around 3oo bhp make sure you cheak your rear engine mount as they become weak with lots of heavy acceleration and they are bit of a nightmare to fit when the engines in lol

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Welcome along!

No idea - but did see quite a funky Modified 400 coupe at the last Scotland Meet, he must be on the Forum somewhere...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think I'm right when I say that if you get the turbo to the end of the yellow on the boost gauge, it's about 160-170bhp, ball park. Any higher than that and you hit boost cut (@ approx 14psi/1 bar)

I reckon you could get roughly 190bhp on the stock engine (don't quote me on that or hold me responsible!) with boost, map and fuel to match.

There was a guy on the 480 forums (http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/) who had fitted a supercharger and I think he was getting roughly 300bhp out of it, but presumably he had lots of internal modifications.

Thread Information