Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

why do volvos have the appeal over scoobys etc...

hi there
    i have a family and wanted a good family vehicle with some grunt and as the audi rs6 was out of my reach a mate said try a volvo , well seeing as i had a 850 2.5 before i bought my hearse as everyone has lovingly called it i thought why not , and have not looked back since , but may i ask as to why other people have got their 850r's and t5's and v70r's and v40's etc .

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher38 View Post
    hi there
    i have a family and wanted a good family vehicle with some grunt and as the audi rs6 was out of my reach a mate said try a volvo , well seeing as i had a 850 2.5 before i bought my hearse as everyone has lovingly called it i thought why not , and have not looked back since , but may i ask as to why other people have got their 850r's and t5's and v70r's and v40's etc .
    quick safe reliable with plenty of room
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Love the styling, its not common, one of the most comfortable seats you can get in a car, awesome sound system, safe and its a Volvo!!
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

A large blue spinning semi molten rock floating in space
    Thanks
    nobody expects to be crapped over by a boxy old volvo lol i just love to see their faces!

i bought my 850 t5 to cart around my event stuff, its solid, safe, its the quickest car to warm up that ive ever had. 3-5 mins from cold, cheap insurance, its comfortable and the design is awesome!
    red 96 850 t5 rica304 K&N cone filter Bailey dump valve
    ferrita 2.5 in cat back
    "A volvo isn't made for tupperware parties"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    quick safe reliable with plenty of room
    What Pnut said and the fact that they come with all the luxuries you dont get in most other fast family saloons

This user has no status
    Thanks
    one of the reasons i chose a volvo is because the insurance....

when i first passed my test my friends had pug 205 gti's, xr2/3i's, nova gte's etc...showing my age now!!

i seen a lovely black 440 turbo at a local garage and he told me insurance group 10 and never looked back..except for a few different cars inbetween

iv even changed friends minds from saying there a ''grandad'' car or ''its a volvo''

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Vince,
    I bought my 854 at auction in 1999, whilst originally looking for a small city runaround type thing.

Because it wasn't an estate the dealers ignored it and I got it for a steal.

Since that time I can quite happily say it has been the most "complete", well equiped and capable car I have ever owned.

Regards and see you tomorrow.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking

I know its been said before.

But I love the wolf in sheeps clothing thingy......
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

This user has no status

Thanks
    Comfort, styling, reliability, safety, equipment level, smart design features, understated performance (with my old T5) & fuel economy (with my current D5). I don't know what it is about the seats but no other manufacturer comes close for comfort. They're the only cars i don't get backache in on long journeys. And i love the fact they're heated this time of year too! Standard sound system is awesome.
    '02 V70 D5 SE
    6000k HID Headlamps, Diadem Indicators, LED Sidelights, USA Spec Ipod Adapter

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    Subtle, safe, comfortable, cheap to insurance and for the money there's nothing that comes close to straight line perforamce

Saaamon

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Scarily quick,subtle,cheap to insure,practical for a large family,good spec and best of all the "what the hell was that" look when you blow a hot hatch or so called performance car away!
    Volvo 855 t5 estateRica 280,V70 rear lights,V70 side repeaters,S60 17" tethys alloys, Powerflex top engine mount,eibach springs,front and rear strut brace,k&n panel filter,R front bumper
    To do:,bsr exhaust,HID's,window tints?

This user has no status

Thanks
    i agree with the comments abot people in their so called " performance cars " had a muppet on the m62 in a new bmw 530 being a ££££ and tailgating me in the outside lane , the look on his face was priceless when i left him , and as for comfort i went to cornwall in the old gal last year and it was such a stress free drive with it being so comfortable and as everyone says they are very reliable .... dont see many at the side of the road with the hazards on ....

vince.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I like Volvo's because friday I was zooming down a twisty B road having great fun. The next I had it loaded up with ten bags of rubble in the back, 4 bits of plasterboard on the roof and a trailer full of fire wood on the back. I'd like to see someone get that amount of diverse practicality out of a scooby!
    V70 T5 P2 2001

RICA UPGRADE
    KONI FSD SHOCKS
    EIBACH SPRINGS
    POLY TOP MOUNT
    18" NEBULA'S

This user has no status

Thanks
    2.5 litre turbo with 4WD, my kinda car Last five cars have been similar (2x Subarus, 3x Mitsubishis)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I bought it 7 years ago because one of my 2 dogs didn't stop growing.

and he was looking to me through the back-vieuw mirror like;"he man it's time

for a bigger car",so out went the williams(sorry)and enter the volvo.

I aswell as alot of others thought volvo was an "old man" car,and thought

the seller was taking a piss at me,saying it had 250horses,i said"sure"and

looked at him as if he was mad/drunk.

15 minutes later i floored it and thought"sweet Jezus"and bought it on the spot.

SO THE REASON:fast(very),roomy,safe,reliable and a timeless design,i still

love it to bits.
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Brought mine coz it goes with my Pipe & Slippers..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Campo View Post
    Brought mine coz it goes with my Pipe & Slippers..

Wanted to post that first,but then i made up an epic story
    get in,shut-up and hold on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sold my Transit Connect (which was a pile of ££££e) last October and decided on a T5 because:
    (1) I was moving to France, giving up being a plumber to teach music full time and I wanted a quick, reliable, comfortable car to make journeys back to the UK (smuggling etc lol)
    (2) I'd always fancied one
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomungus View Post
    nobody expects to be crapped over by a boxy old volvo lol i just love to see their faces!
    zoomungus says it all...

This user has no status

Thanks
    A proper car with a turbo charger. Wanted a car with a turbo and the choices where pretty limited ( didnt want a weasel)

scooby = plastic fantastic and every one would think I was a drug dealer
    Mitsubishi = Oh god no. Owned one before not a tuurbo model but a galant - most expensive car on the planet to fix.
    Exotica - not enough money.

Then I got taken for a ride in a mental s40 ( cheers slomo) and decided then and there it was going to be a volvo. They dont feel plastic, they dont break, they are comfortable and no one thinks Im a drug dealing boy racer.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    around the time i bought my c70 i was looking at a various cars to buy, and was getting tempted to go japanese. i did consider a few different performance jap cars but then eventually i thought about the C70 T5. To start with the C70 was cheaper than most of the other cars i had looked at. as a bonus it was going to be much cheaper to run as my daily driver, and quite likely to be more reliable anyway. I knew the C70's well for obvious reasons, where i had no real idea about any of the jap cars or how they were to live with, so eventually thought it would be more sensible to get a volvo seeing as i would have many benefits of doing so by working in a volvo dealership. I am glad i did now, the car is a real jeckyl and hyde... a very comfortable car, very refined and smooth, but when you want it to be it can be a monster, with more than enough power to see off pretty much most cars that will try it on, it does this while looking pretty inconspicuous, no big spoilers and body kits or massive exhausts or intercoolers showing. the C70 has only ever let me down on one occasion in almost 3 years, and that was because of a dead battery thanks to a faulty boot lock unit. Not bad for a 10 year old daily driver running that sort of bhp lets be honest.

Simon
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

Thread Information