Join Today
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Lightbulb Possible Dyno Day@bhpTuner Leeds

would anybody be interested in me organising a dyno day?
    my wife and brother in law have a garage/tuning centre, and have fitted a brand new maha lps 3000 4wd machine, capable of 750bhp per axle,and is s**t hot!!!

link here. www.exhaustdiscounts.co.uk

full details are on the website, see what ya think,
    its centrally located in leeds, and i am sure he would be up for it and would do it for a good price, but will prob need about 12 cars or so

let me know if you want to take it any further, and i will make all the arrangements.

cheers

craig
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

This user has no status

Thanks
    There is one running in manchester at awesome on the 25th. Ask camaron how hard it was to organise that !!

Think you could get enough interest, I'd come up, why not set a date tell peeps what it will cost and see what happens.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just want to see the amount of interest first, before i make any firm plans.

craig

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wegal View Post
    There is one running in manchester at awesome on the 25th. Ask camaron how hard it was to organise that !!

Think you could get enough interest, I'd come up, why not set a date tell peeps what it will cost and see what happens.
    think my timing is a bit off, dint realise there was already one booked at awesome this month.

maybe next time eh?
    my car is off there next sunday, so i will post the results/experience

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you did one there I would turn up for the meet but not the run. Hell, I could walk there from my place.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes I'd be interested in coming & getting a price for the D5.

Cheers,

John.
    Current : 1999 C70 T5 Auto on LPG, 2004 S.Y.Rexton 270 XDI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok, gunna leave it a while, dint ralise there was one already organised at awesome later this month.

Will def be one soon tho, gunna sort it for LATE MARCH/EARLY APRIL, SO COME ON PEOPLE, PENCIL THAT IN YOUR DIARYS!!

Will keep you all posted nearer the date,

Still would`nt mind gathering a list of people interested tho.

cheers
    Craig

straight5
    This user has no status
    Keep me posted, only in York. Once we get a bit closer to the time put in a date and I can then confirm for certain.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i,d be interested in a few months when ive had chance to sort a couple of things
    1991 retro alfa romeo 75

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nathT5 View Post
    i,d be interested in a few months when ive had chance to sort a couple of things
    Replaced the dipstick yet Nath?

This user has no status

Thanks
    not yet but i,m using my other car at the moment anyway
    i,m told its a dealer part
    1991 retro alfa romeo 75

This user has no status

Thanks
    Breakers mate any 850 should do it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Enigma666 For This Useful Post:

nathT5 (Friday 30th January 2009)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    ill be up for it

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    I could be interested aswell

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Right guys, thats cool, i will arrange a def date soon, will prob be late march/early april and on a sunday, (will do some bacon butties an all)

Getting mine "Live mapped" in a week or two, so fingers crossed, will get about 280 ish with sensible boost (15/16 psi), if you check the website- www.bhptuner.co.uk you will see my T5 in the "gallery" along withn a short vid, an power graphs, the second graph is the "mental" ecu, which i have now removed,as it was well dangerous, 1st graph is std ecu.

Will post a def date soon along with prices for group, should imagine will need at least 10 cars tho, i know that a recent booking (by saxperience), saxo club, required at least 10, as each car has 2 runs with full printout detailing flywheel/wheel bhp, transmission loss, afr`s, torque, boost etc,etc.

Thanks guys.
    P.s if anybody is curious, its my brother in law`s place.

cheers
    Craig
    Last edited by cragmaz; Thursday 29th January 2009 at 22:55.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    I could be interested aswell
    cool WHP figure mate, whats flywheel Bhp?

It were`nt a "dyno dynamics" dyno was it, cos there well unreliable, apparantly the transmission losses are a "guess" according to the marketing people

C

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dynodynamics rollers are as accurate as anyone else's, just like any dino the operator determines accuracy.

Transmission losses are ALWAYS a guess, they are not really measurable, mearly an estimate, no matter who's dino you use.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wegal View Post
    Dynodynamics rollers are as accurate as anyone else's, just like any dino the operator determines accuracy.

Transmission losses are ALWAYS a guess, they are not really measurable, mearly an estimate, no matter who's dino you use.

Sorry to contradict you mate, but it DOES accuratly measure transmission losses, this is one of the reasons why they chose this particular dyno after careful consideration of different manufacturers, the tuning cell has been specifically designed and developed with a cost of over £100k, with the very best equipment available, believe me, this dyno is S**T hot!!!

Some details from Maha website below, for y`all to ave a read of........ Hope i dont come accros as being funny, cos i certainly am not, just want to re-assure you all of the spec of the dyno, this is the very best available!!!

"The MAHA LPS 3000 All Wheel Drive Dynamometer is arguably the best, most accurate automotive performance tester in the world today. It is the choice for many automobile manufactures for development and final testing at the factory. Our LPS 3000 has features that shops using other dynos can only dream of!

*Measuring actual crankshaft horsepower and torque, No more random power train loss guessing. This dyno measures drivetrain loss during each run cycle.

*Provides SAE Corrected Horsepower and Torque depending on the data from the built in weather station.

*Small roller size aids in very accurate power measurements but not so small too be unstable.

*Two large Eddy Current loaders can measure power up to 1100 hp continuously and 1400 hp peak.

*Direct data acquisition from the OBDII port. Any information that is available there can be graphed; i.e. RPM, Air/Fuel, Boost, Ignition Timing

*Front and rear rollers speeds are controlled by the software to load each axle equally. This protects the center differential on AWD cars.

*Special settings designed for cars with more front drive bias like what is found on Audi and VW with the Haldex system.
    *Special settings for cars with rear bias for instance Porsche and Subaru.

*Special setting for Naturally Aspirated, Turbo and Supercharged cars and trucks.

What you get when you choose to use the Best Dyno in the World:

1) GRAPHIC DYNO CHART
    Corrected Engine Power
    Engine power BHP
    Wheel power BHP
    Drag power BHP
    Torque

2) MAX POWER DATA
    Maximum Corrected Engine Power
    Maximum Engine power
    Wheel power
    Drag power
    Maximum Torque

3) AMBIENT DATA
    Ambient temperature
    Intake air temperature
    Relative humidity
    Air pressure
    Steam pressure

It can give print-outs of both power and torque, boost pressure, lambda, exhaust temperature etc, and show power at flywheel and at the wheels, and give accurate road speed. This is very useful if you want to gear your car to suit the engines torque and power band.
    Our Dyno cell is equipped with an excellent cooling system incorporating directional fans suitable for vehicles with both Top and Front Mount Intercoolers. This is very important as it keeps any engine cool, while being mapped or tuned.
    Our Maha LPS 3000 also incorporates Wide Band Lambda Reader and Data Logging facilities

Quick and safe loading!

Our dyno is installed in ground which makes for quick and safe loading of vehicles. Low cars can be loaded with ease. Pneumatically controlled lift pads speed the process. Quickly adjusts to any wheelbase size.

Manufacturer Approvals
    Manufacturer ApprovalsThe following manufacturers have approved their vehicles for use on the MaHa LPS 3000...
    Audi
    BMW
    Daimler AG
    Adam Opel AG
    Porsche
    Peugeot
    Seat
    Skoda
    Volkswagen"
    Last edited by cragmaz; Friday 30th January 2009 at 20:22.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cragmaz For This Useful Post:

cameron (Friday 30th January 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I would love to see it tell me what my exact transmission losses are and convert my WHP to BHP.... I drive an auto !!!

There are lots of unbiased sites that tell you why a wheel dyno cant give an accurate crank figure, its just a guess, no matter what the marketing blurb says. The only way to get even close would be to take the engine out and run it on a calibrated engine dyno, put it back in the car and run it on a wheel dyno.... that would give you some indication but even that would not be totally accurate, it could not take into account even the smallest amount of tyre slippage.....

Im not knocking your dyno mate not at all, its just that people get a bit wrapped up in how accurate they are and they are not.... they are a VERY good comparison tool, and a useful diagnostic tool.

It would be interesting to know what Maha's limits of uncertainty are ? Bet they wont tell you that ? Also do they tell you what the dyno was calibrated against and what the limits of uncertainty where on that. Everything that is measured has limits of uncertainty, and these limits can be very large indeed, although thats generally kept a secret. I work in the measurement industry, you think a degree is a degree or a cm a cm it isnt and neither is a bhp a bhp, it all depends on the original calibration of the equipment. Very accurate calibration is also very very expensive and for most people totally unnessasary, a tape measure is not an accurate measure, its just a comparison tool and so long as you always use the same tape measure, you always get the same result, the same goes for anything that measures. Dont believe the hype. As I said Im not knocking your dyno I dont have a vested interest in it and would love to come and put my car on it with everyone else, so that I can COMPARE my car with others.

No offence intended and I hope none taken, just a wee insight into measuring stuff, I measure stuff all day long, the whole measurement industry is basically a con. Ok I need to run and hide now before they come and get me for revealing secrets lol.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegal For This Useful Post:

cameron (Friday 30th January 2009)

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cragmaz View Post
    Sorry to contradict you mate, but it DOES accuratly measure transmission losses
    No it doesn't.

Unless you remove the engine from the car and measure the power using an engine dyno, the the flywheel figure is an estimate.

A bit of light reading for you here:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/POWER3.htm

In summary; "So is there any way of really measuring the true transmission loss of a car? Yes - only one - by measuring the flywheel power on an accurate engine dyno, the wheel power on an accurate chassis dyno and taking one away from the other. There is no way on God's green earth of finding out the true transmission loss just by measuring the power at the wheels."
    Last edited by Yosser; Friday 30th January 2009 at 23:12. Reason: add quote

Thread Information