Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 19t

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    personnelly i would just port a 16t and get a decent map on it instead of going for a 19t because you wont get the full potental with the standard rods and if you do change the rods then go for a hybrid garret turbo even more fun

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850twr View Post
    you where the one that came up with the 100kg figure in the first place! i have looked through the owners manual with no luck, will look at the stamp under the bonnet later, but i read on here full leather elec seats weigh 37kg's each on there own!! doesn't take Einstein to realise theres going to be a difference.

i was referring to irf's millage, but seems i'v got that confused with another black estate on here that has 171k. And either way that would be a fair assumption as since owning my car i have not seen one 850 for sale with anything near 80k. and i spent a year trying to find that!

as for the exhaust, ALOT of people regard a cat back as a full system, i can appreciate you view that i dont have a aftermarket dp yet, but to me its a way of saying i have more than a can strapped on the back. just to keep you happy i won't mention the word "full" again :p

as for you weighing twice as much as me, well that just depends how fat you are.

p.s. i wasn't aware of the awesome spec of irf's car, yet even so did a 60-100 test (private road of course) took 7.5 seconds, which confirms what i was arguing earlier in this thread. and only half a second off irfs times. which im very happy with to say the least.

oh and my dads 6"4, so most likely.
    more figures that are unconfirmed..... whilst i agree i have read in russ's thread the seats weigh 37kg but he doesnt mention the weight of the non leather seats that i have fitted to my car....

around 9.5% body fat

is that 6' 4" in heels?
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

This user has no status

Thanks
    ok just checked on carfolio.com

4dr=1450kg
    5dr=1545kg

but that doesn't go into interior specs, so i guess from one extreme to the other, the difference would be more.

don't get me wrong i have massive respect for all t5's, estate or not, just so long as there manual!

http://www.carfolio.com/search/resul...vo+850&x=0&y=0

and yes smithy i can't wait to be back at brands this year, just gotta a few more mods to finish off.
    850 Minimum Kerb Weight Range KG 85% Towing Limit KG Max Ball Weight KG
    2.5 saloon 1363/1511 1158/1284 70
    2.5 Estate 1412/1567 1200/1332 70
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    more figures that are unconfirmed..... whilst i agree i have read in russ's thread the seats weigh 37kg but he doesnt mention the weight of the non leather seats that i have fitted to my car....

around 9.5% body fat

is that 6' 4" in heels?
    no my 60-100 time is comfirmed, irf has seen the vid, just i'm not posting it on here to save upsetting certain people.

if your seats are still electric, cloth or leather i guess would make next to no difference. all i have said is that a saloon with less toys init is going to be lighter than a loaded estate, simple as that.

and maybe you should try asking my dad that in person? lmao.

This user has no status

Thanks
    noif your seats are still electric, cloth or leather i guess would make next to no difference. all i have said is that a saloon with less toys init is going to be lighter than a loaded estate, simple as that.

and maybe you should try asking my dad that in person? lmao.
    no they aint electric or heated.....

you were busy telling us how much better a budget version was..... imho with the amount of torque these cars have a few kilos either way aint gunna make much difference.....

15psi on an mbc is a little lightweight but hey ho what ever floats your boat big boy

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    rofl @ this thread,its a semi banter semi turbo information thread,love it,in relation to p fandango's post on page 3 [ beside keeley] im getting a jt 3inch system for the car,injectors i can get,what sort of prices are the manifolds (could they be got from a breaker?) and a remap i can get but it'll be a send the ecu to england style job

been reading this guys article,might turn the boost up myself once a boost gauge arrives,after all if im putting a bloody 19t i might as well get the roads and pistons used to more boost
    Last edited by redbaron; Friday 9th January 2009 at 18:44.
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

no they aint electric or heated.....

you were busy telling us how much better a budget version was..... imho with the amount of torque these cars have a few kilos either way aint gunna make much difference.....

15psi on an mbc is a little lightweight but hey ho what ever floats your boat big boy
    lmao, i never said a budget version is better, i will say it again ... all i said was A LOWER SPEC SALOON IS LIGHTER THAN A LOADED ESTATE, or even regardless of spec as per the figures i posted prove, you like twisting things don't you? other people on here do have the ability to read, so you may want to quit while your not too far behind

my cars 60-100 time is only marginally off what i regard as a decently tuned T5 (irf for example, the difference being less than a second) altho for sure 100mph+ acceleration would split the cars into their own leagues respectively. and considering i have only had the car for a few months i think its at a fairly respectable level. and yes as it goes it does float my boat :p

so whats the 60-100 time of your supposed "non lightweight" T5, n whats your spec bud?
    Last edited by 850twr; Friday 9th January 2009 at 23:33.

This user has no status

Thanks
    7.5??? i thought i was between 6.5 and 7 lol

gonna have to show the clip now! vid is very blurry and was done in the isle of man i think

what does everyone else think?

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MTXMTCUH8"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MTXMTCUH8[/ame]

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    yeh mine is 7.5ish mate, here's part of the pm i sent you yesterday irf "only managed to get one run in, i think i jinxed myself by saying i can control a gear lever earlier, i missed the shift from 3rd to 4th! rofl, and as u'll see had traction probs at the top end of 2nd, but still seems to be around 7.5-8 seconds"

from my timing yours does seem to be in the mid-high 6's

so that does give you around a second on me.

while your doing it i may aswell join in, heres mine... (private road of course)

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-0xy76NQY[/ame]
    Last edited by 850twr; Friday 9th January 2009 at 23:37.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    If you doing a 60-100 run I would have thought you would have started at 60 not 45 and 50mph cuz your eliminating all turbo lag that you may have. And look at those black ice lights tut tut lol
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    If you doing a 60-100 run I would have thought you would have started at 60 not 45 and 50mph cuz your eliminating all turbo lag that you may have. And look at those black ice lights tut tut lol
    i see your point. only reason i do it like this is i can try and compare my car to others in magazines. i have an idea of my 0-60 so just carrying that on to 100 gives me a 0-100 time otherwise i would have started the run in third to avoid a gearchange at about the 62mph mark.

just some harmless geeky fun.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm not knocking the geeky fun IRF i love it. So what would your 0-100 mph be then?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I'm not knocking the geeky fun IRF i love it. So what would your 0-100 mph be then?
    probably around the 12-13 second mark but it's the 0-30 that lets us down in these cars(being front wheel drive with a lot of torque)

i've had a few runs now with an evo 8 FQ330(totally standard at the moment) and a Z3M coupe(intake and exhaust mods) and from 50 to 130(km/h obviously) there was nothing in it. they've gone against each other and it was the same.

i'm more then happy with that.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irf View Post
    probably around the 12-13 second mark but it's the 0-30 that lets us down in these cars(being front wheel drive with a lot of torque)

i've had a few runs now with an evo 8 FQ330(totally standard at the moment) and a Z3M coupe(intake and exhaust mods) and from 50 to 130(km/h obviously) there was nothing in it. they've gone against each other and it was the same.

i'm more then happy with that.
    Wow thats fast i can only dream of those results with this dam auto box!!!
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    lmao, i never said a budget version is better, i will say it again ... all i said was A LOWER SPEC SALOON IS LIGHTER THAN A LOADED ESTATE, or even regardless of spec as per the figures i posted prove, you like twisting things don't you? other people on here do have the ability to read, so you may want to quit while your not too far behind
    so the weight advantage to your loaded family wagon is going to be noticeable to say the least.
    so for people like me who cant read properly can you just clarify what you mean by noticeable?

IMHO 100kg's makes very little difference to these cars....

so whats the 60-100 time of your supposed "non lightweight" T5, n whats your spec bud?
    who cares

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PNuT For This Useful Post:

LesRED850R (Saturday 10th January 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    thats a pretty good price really considering what you'll be getting,right im gonna ask my stupid question again,what turbo does a 1997 850 2.3 t5 have?i want to find out so i can gauge what the next size to upgrade to is
    GDay ! PLEASE excuse my diversion from your Q but all will be revealed in the end !! This linky I have posted b4 and ask [ Again ] that the owners of this site put some PINNED threads that give 'essential information ' to members so not only new OVLOV owners can use , but we all can use as a reference library . Sure its nice to talk and interact and banter when a Q is asked , but in most cases the Q has been asked and answered ' A LOT ' in the past and much conflicting info is thrown around and invariably a stoush occurs that is fun for some but the Q asker is left thinking the forum is a ' crock ' .... SOOO , I will start with this great post from over at VS in USA.... LINKY http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...howtopic=86240

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LesRED850R For This Useful Post:

redbaron (Saturday 10th January 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I've had some performance issues lately - which I am glad to say have been resolved. HLM had my car back for 4 weeks. There were many issues - MAF, Injectors, new wishbone and a new custom map - guess it goes along with the age and use of my car. I also found out the root cause of my ABS problem. Last time out on the track I managed to split the speed ring on the end of the short half shaft (due to heat expansion).

Anyway I have thrown a whole bunch of cash at it and she runs a solid 400Nm through most of the range. Pressure is running 1.2 Bar (and stays there in 3rd and 4th) and she carries the power very nicely through to 6000rpm. I'd say that she really charges in 3rd and 4th, when the full boost is available. It is difficult to say how quickly she would get to top speeds without a runway to test it on. BTW I run new blue injectors.

I am not sure I will do anymore track days now. She's getting on abit (112K miles). 65K miles on a tuned car - things do wear out more quickly.

I shall keep her going for as long as poss.
    Thanks for an intelligent post that has reasonable facts and not what members think they know and tell stories to others that NEED facts to make a [$$] decision but are led astray with spurious crap and you too me too , i did , no mines better.......PLEASE put a pinned post for basic upgrades and mods up in the forum....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LesRED850R For This Useful Post:

Wobbly Dave (Monday 12th January 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

so for people like me who cant read properly can you just clarify what you mean by noticeable?

IMHO 100kg's makes very little difference to these cars....

"so whats the 60-100 time of your supposed "non lightweight" T5, n whats your spec bud?"

who cares
    your right in the sense that yes these cars are very torquey, and by saying "the extra weight in a estate would be noticeable", i mean exactly that?!? i honestly can't believe your still arguing this, but i mean come on, its common sense surely?!?
    (when my fat b*st*rd of a mate gets in i notice the difference, and he's not even 100kg's!)-lol hope he don't read that, or i'll get sat on :s

I'm finished with arguing about this, its just to blatant for me to continue bothering, did you not do physics???

one last thing, you moan that i have no proof to back up my cars performance times, of which i have now proved to you, you then proceed to call my car lightweight, then when i ask you of your specs you claim you don't care? so why so bothered about mine?

edit...

LMAO, just realised yours is a ph1 v70, which according to carfolio is 1680kg's! even more of a difference!

(230kg's from their figures)

http://carfolio.com/search/results/?terms=v70&x=0&y=0

Rinsed.

Anyway getting back on topic nice comparison for peeps between a 15g and a 18t in those vids.
    Last edited by 850twr; Saturday 10th January 2009 at 15:54.

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    @les muc appreciated sir,was reading the posts there and thought,my question isnt gonna be answered,
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

This user has no status

Thanks
    your right in the sense that yes these cars are very torquey, and by saying "the extra weight in a estate would be noticeable", i mean exactly that?!? i honestly can't believe your still arguing this, but i mean come on, its common sense surely?!?
    (when my fat b*st*rd of a mate gets in i notice the difference, and he's not even 100kg's!)-lol hope he don't read that, or i'll get sat on :s

I'm finished with arguing about this, its just to blatant for me to continue bothering, did you not do physics???

one last thing, you moan that i have no proof to back up my cars performance times, of which i have now proved to you, you then proceed to call my car lightweight, then when i ask you of your specs you claim you don't care? so why so bothered about mine?

edit...

LMAO, just realised yours is a ph1 v70, which according to carfolio is 1680kg's! even more of a difference!

(230kg's from their figures)

http://carfolio.com/search/results/?terms=v70&x=0&y=0

Rinsed.

Anyway getting back on topic nice comparison for peeps between a 15g and a 18t in those vids.

if its on carfolio it must be true

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/volvo.htm#s7000

maybe the figures here are a little more realistic
    Last edited by PNuT; Sunday 11th January 2009 at 08:40.

Thread Information