Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

pushed him a bit too hard

where i am, there arnt many decent cars, a few gtst's skylines and evo's, all of which must be stock bar their massive exhausts as they have all had a go at holding me up lol, anyhow a saab 9000 turbo ripped past me this evening, so as you do, i followed it, we rinsed around for a mile or 2 altho i was taking it easy round the twisty stuff due to salt and -4 conditions. Anyway we got onto a nice main straight i know well, both booted it, the saab sounded fat i must say,had a very loud system onit, assume must be the 2.3 hpt, and there was hardly nothing init,it took a few gears for me to get near to his bootlid, i gave him a flash and backed off as i knew theres a chicane coming up, he also lifted, but too late, hit the first corner, i saw the back end coming out (all he had to do was give it a squirt of throttle to recover and it would of been a nice bit of lift off oversteer) but instead he jumped on the brakes, spun right round, into someones garden, car nearly rolled as the wheels dugin to the grass, and then proceeded to hit their wall.

i stopped, he seemed ok, had a little chuckle and drove off. Its a shame tho, first car around here on par with my mildly tuned t5 and he fuks it.

Doubt anyone on here knows him, and i havn't seen the car before, black 5dr with silver graphix all up the side. he managed to drive out and he limped off, anyone know of any popular saab 9000 uk forums? as i wanna try n find him, but didnt wanna hang around for obvious reasons.

i know its very off topic,lol, but made my day more interesting.
    Last edited by 850twr; Wednesday 7th January 2009 at 14:54.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I wasn't going to post on this but that was just stupid to the n'th degree. 130ish in -4 conditions and salted roads. These speeds should be kept for track days.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chisai For This Useful Post:

kyebosh (Wednesday 7th January 2009)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Never post that you had a race and some fun in your T5 dude these cars were meant to be driven within the legal limits that’s why Volvo gave them a 225hp turbo engine that was capable of 155mph (for track use only).
    I've said it lots but for people with powerful cars to say not to speed are just hypocrites, do yourself all a favor and go buy smart cars.
    Roll on the crap.......
    Last edited by volvokid; Wednesday 7th January 2009 at 14:55.
    Thanks
    Martyn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

850twr (Wednesday 7th January 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Never post that you had a race and some fun in your T5 dude these cars were meant to be driven within the legal limits that’s why Volvo gave them a 225hp turbo engine that was capable of 155mph (for track use only).
    I've said it lots but for people with powerful cars to say not to speed are just hypocrites, do yourself all a favor and go buy smart cars.
    Roll on the crap.......
    Nope, I agree.

Fun to toast folk at lights (up to 30!) but I don't like to speed race anyone!

Too much of a margin of error.

Yes you know the road, yes it seems like fun, but the consiquences of a serious RTA are far & wide.

The worst the police can do to you for pulling away quick is a good ticking off & a warning not to be seen to do it again.

High speed = BFH.

We can all appreciate the ability of the big volvos, but it's not good to risk it all for a laugh!

Drive safe!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    round my way there are boyracers everywhere you look and one of there major meeting places is just down the road from me so im always blowing the doors of somebody but even im not stupid enough to do 130 in -4 LOL.

This user has no status
    Thanks

I hope he didn't take out their garden gnome

Not going to get much warmth in the tyres in those conditions...

Sounds like you were racing on the road, in which case please DO NOT POST about it on the Forum as it's illegal. And really really stupid. Sorry to be boring.

Thank you!
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al115 For This Useful Post:

aeroresh (Wednesday 7th January 2009),kyebosh (Wednesday 7th January 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850twr View Post
    spun right round, into someones garden, car nearly rolled as the wheels dugin to the grass, and then proceeded to hit their wall.

....he managed to drive out and he limped off
    I'm sure the people in the house were just chuffed to find their garden remodelled and for free! Although of course it wouldn't be free as someone has to pay for the wall repairs, new grass and undoubtedly the gnome that was decapitated in the process.

As your text has been quoted, I'm not sure that if you edit your post to remove the speed references that they will also be changed in the quotes...even a claim of KPH won't do much good either. If you feel the need to enlighten the world with your experiences then fine, just don't mention speeds.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iGGy For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    I struggling to believe 2 things here.. one that you were actually stupid/crazy enough to race a car at excessive speed on a public road in bad conditions - which resulted in an RTA and secondly that you would actually post the details here (on a public forum) - especially where you've posted pics and vids of your car in the past where the number plate can be read.

This kind of reminds me a bit about a story that hit the news on or around when I was looking to buy my C70. It involved a young man who was a member on here I think who was racing his C70 T5 against an M3 and they both ploughed into a minibus - I can't really remember much of the finer details as it was a few years ago, but the upshot was that both drivers were jailed and a few passengers in the minibus didn't make it home that night.

I get the whole speed/thrill thing - we don't exactly drive slow cars and the power and speed is obviously part of the reason why we got these cars - but there's a time and place.

EDIT: links added:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/3783473.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4353012.stm
    Last edited by pangster; Wednesday 7th January 2009 at 09:30. Reason: adding links

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

aeroresh (Wednesday 7th January 2009),kyebosh (Wednesday 7th January 2009),Loadsamiles (Wednesday 7th January 2009),Okete (Wednesday 7th January 2009),thebadger (Thursday 8th January 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not much more to say because this post has received the reception it should.

850twr, I am glad you don't live near me!!!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pliskin For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You need to get yourself along to some trackdays which will allow you experience speed in a safe environment.

Racing others on public roads is foolhardy and it doesn't matter how good a driver you are as accidents will happen!
    I'll be baaak! Hasta La Vista, Baby!

Volvo V70R AWD 1999

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Lost my cousin (innocent pedestrian and only 20 years old) to similar lunacy on a public road. Why people need to brag about their own stupidity baffles me. Thank god nobody was seriously injured or killed but just think what could have happened. If you must race then save it for a track.

My Wife Gives Me Sound Advice

99% Sound - 1% Advice

This user has no status

Thanks
    I truly hope your local Roads Policing Unit monitor the internet (many of them do BTW).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wombatbomb For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I should make clear that leaving the scene of an accident is a criminal offence. Leaving someone who you know has crashed and might have needed medical attention is simply abhorrent.

If someone in that garden had been killed you could be, with the party in question, jointly culpable for causing the accident and the subsequent death.

The ice warning light is there for a reason - it means drive with the utmost care.

Common sense should obviously previal too.

Admitting to speeding on a forum is just asking to be 'done'.
    Volvo 855 2.5 10v CD

Its got everything except a turbo - boo hoo...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 850 2.5 10v For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    With the video's you post and the statement's you make it is obvious your a boy racing idiot!

If he had died you would be going to jail even though there was no contact!

Get a grip mate.. dont race in weather like this and dont post it on the forum.

I'm not a saint and I have had a play with lot's of thing's but there really is a time and place for this.

If you really cant resist the above the minimum you need to do is remove your reg from your sig lol your making it to easy
    Last edited by shaun850; Wednesday 7th January 2009 at 10:50.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to shaun850 For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yep, your a nob, think thats about all that can be said.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Shaun850 just beat me to it, the only thing left worth saying is if you are going to admit to this stupidity (that is the only way to discribe it, the fact you are bragging about it, just makes it worse.) at least remove the pic with your reg on it!

I'm sure we have all been a little naughty on the public road before now, but 130 in what was probably a 40? or at most a 60! what ever the weather and road conditions are is just stupid!

This user has no status

Thanks
    LOL.... you muppet !

Im not going to get on my high horse cos i know we all do bloody stupid things every now and again.

However you do need to remove the speed reference, the police can use your post as evidence and seeing as there are a lot of coppers on this site..... well im sure you can work it out.

The Saabs are generally worth playing with they are another stealth machine.

If you like racing then you really should go do a track day, they are cheap (about £100) and safe, and you really can drive as fast as you want for as long as you want.

You might not have got away with this yet, if you where seen to stop, and the other driver confirms with the police that you where "chasing him" then my friend get ready for a dangerous driving charge - no license and / or years in the nick. I know its fun but you do need to think about the consequenses, sooner or later there will be some.

has no status...
    Thanks
    I dont need to add to whats been said as i agree entirely, this reminds me a bit of that speeding video that was posted on utube, i assume things like IP addresses were used to trace the guy who added it but this time theres a registration number to tap straight in??

Drive SAFE...

2001 V70 T5 - Auto, Dark Anthracite Comets, Volvo Window blinds, ITG Panel filter, Strut bar solid bushes with powerflex top mount

Must update my sigpic ...the S60 lemon went a while ago.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    good work! it's people like you that make it so expensive to insure my car!!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan850T5 View Post
    good work! it's people like you that make it so expensive to insure my car!!
    how do you work that out, ive never crashed/caused an accident in 5 years of driving, i was simply following the saab!

Truly amazed at some of the responses here for a performance site, altho at the same time it is a Volvo site and for that reason i shouldn't be surprised, your all living up to the typical owners reputation, good for you :S

Yes we did go pretty fast down a very large straight which was empty, i braked miles before he did and i think he was trying to prove a point.

i know speed kills, but i dont see the problem with pikin up some speed down a empty national speed limit 3 mile straight.

i agree track days are the way forward, and i went to brands a few times last year but it was a nice opportunity to get a comparison with saabs equivalent, as theres quite alot of reputation built around the two tanks. i Assumed the guy knew what he was doing but he obviously didnt.

As for only using your near 300hp T5's to burn off the lights up to 30, ha! even stock T5's are awefull in 1st gear, so why the hell would you bother tuning it more?!? So your the people i see with 150mph cars holding everyone up at 30!! What great lodgic you have. A T5 doesn't get into its own untill 3rd gear and upwards, as im sure hopefully a few decent members will agree. and if your not willing to use it, WHY HAVE ONE!!!

oh and it was very ish and k's
    Last edited by 850twr; Wednesday 7th January 2009 at 15:09.

Thread Information