Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nathT5 View Post
    right, all mine has around the edge is PFF88-105, that is a powerflex part number.
    duno then mate.
    maybe powerflex do ones with a slitely diferant polly compound. if that makes any sence

just a thought

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Reviving an old thread. This is worrying I know, but I want to QUIETEN K** VOL down a bit - and am thinking of returning to a standard top bush. Currently has purple Powerflex one. Donut question, but how tricky to refit a standard bush - will it need a press etc.? Or is there a quieter solution?
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Reviving an old thread. This is worrying I know, but I want to QUIETEN K** VOL down a bit - and am thinking of returning to a standard top bush. Currently has purple Powerflex one. Donut question, but how tricky to refit a standard bush - will it need a press etc.? Or is there a quieter solution?
    Shame on you for wanting to quiet down the 5 pot chatter! Its possible to refit the standard bush, but you will have to remove to whole arm, and yes, you'll have to use a press. I did read to make the standard bush last a bit longer, fit it 90 degrees out, i.e 3 o'clock, not 12.

You, should heard them when you have a poly bulkhead mount, it like having the engine in the cabin with you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 12th May 2010)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    You, should heard them when you have a poly bulkhead mount, it like having the engine in the cabin with you!
    i've got that pleasure to come, i've not even started BT since i fitted it. Also got the poly gearbox mounts, plus no sound deadening so think it might be a bit noisey in there lool

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    I've got a poly gearbox mount to fit, which, I think will be soon, as I'm getting some nasty clunks on taking up the drive! Even that, or she's busy munching a driveshaft or two

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    I've got a poly gearbox mount to fit, which, I think will be soon, as I'm getting some nasty clunks on taking up the drive! Even that, or she's busy munching a driveshaft or two
    i've got the bigger mount done (well in, just needs compressing to get the bracket over) & got the smaller one to do, going to be fun as i can't get the bracket off so got to drill it while on the car lol. I'm hoping its going to exaggerate the noise quite nicely with all these poly mounts

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Shame on you for wanting to quiet down the 5 pot chatter! Its possible to refit the standard bush, but you will have to remove to whole arm, and yes, you'll have to use a press. I did read to make the standard bush last a bit longer, fit it 90 degrees out, i.e 3 o'clock, not 12.

Yes, Dave who I bought the car of was keen for me to put one on. Its not that I don't like the sound, it is great, but after a couple of hours it starts to be a bit intrusive...
    Mind you, as an Imp owner, the R is more like an RR when it comes to comparing noise and vibration levels...
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    [quote=Flatout Phil;308297but after a couple of hours it starts to be a bit intrusive...[/quote]

Turn the radio up then!

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    but after a couple of hours it starts to be a bit intrusive...
    Turn the radio up then!

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Turn the radio up then!
    Result!
    KISS Rs

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Sorry, double post

Thread Information