Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my ride

This user has no status
    Thanks

my ride

well iv put alot of pics of my blinged up engine bay on here but none of you have seen the new badges i made. this is what my car looks like now.

thinking of loosing the motorsport bit under the T-5 R badge tho. what do ya recon?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    The idea and theme of the text is good but I think they are a little on the large side, other than that if the badges were smaller it would look spot on

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yeah i made them at work and i got the person in the vinyl room to make them and i didnt realise how big they was. i may do them again abit smaller. i was thinking the same thing tbh. but the theme i think works well. not sure if im going to keep the motorsport bit under the T-5 R tho.

returning after getting lost
    Thanks
    ello stainsey mate looks good clean and tidy mate im only round the corner from you at the mo in leighton mate here till saturday if your about tomorrow mate ill pop out for a beer if ur up for it

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    car looks good, as said stickers could do with being half the size, and also dont think the badge on the grill looks right in the middle. just my opinion tho. Happy xmas!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry mate but to me its all about discreet.
    If going down the local McD's drive through is your thing and scoring a few points with the locals floats your boat then yes theyre great.
    To me they just look 'Chav' to the max.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    the way i look at it is not many people no about T-5 Rs and alot of people have never herd of one like me when i first bought it i didnt no anything about them. i want people to no its a T-5 R they just got blown away by as i disapear into the distance LOL

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    to me thats the appeal with these cars, some people have no clue what they are, which is there problem, and others who do know their stuff will have mutual respect for the car. T5r's are rare and iconic cars and in my opinion should be left the way they came (atleast cosmetically), and not tarted up with stickers just to let the local saxo boys know what it is, let them find out for themselves when you leave them in your dust!

One tasteful mod you could do is replace the top halfs of your rear lights with the later clear indicator V70 versions, as well as some v70 side repeaters.

Subtlety is the way forward, as far as looks go, atleast in my opinion anyway.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think it looks incredibly tacky personally

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stainsey,
    Sell me your pegs to put on my C70
    You can have my 18" BBS wheels lol

Lose the stickers mate, personally think it is taking away from a naturally good looking car

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i have thought about it and you lot are starting to make sence the more i think of it. i am going to keep the badges but make them alot smaller and im not gona bother with the motorsport so it will have the T-5 R but be alot more suttle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stainesy For This Useful Post:

Enigma666 (Friday 26th December 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good on ya mate
    You have made a really good choice there

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stainesy View Post
    i have thought about it and you lot are starting to make sence the more i think of it. i am going to keep the badges but make them alot smaller and im not gona bother with the motorsport so it will have the T-5 R but be alot more suttle.
    Stainesy what’s the matter with Volvo's standard badges? Basically your going to reduce the size of them therefore making them about the size of Volvo's own ones aren’t you? I would think Volvo's badges would look 100x better than that vinyl, I just don’t see the point in what your doing. If you want T-5R on the side just buy the Volvo ones. At the moment your car is going in the rite direction for the Barry boy’s website. And for people not knowing what it is, is stupid you have a gull yellow Volvo estate if people think the thing must only be a 2.0L Volvo are stupid they must know it’s not a run of the mill model.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Stainesy what’s the matter with Volvo's standard badges? Basically your going to reduce the size of them therefore making them about the size of Volvo's own ones aren’t you? I would think Volvo's badges would look 100x better than that vinyl, I just don’t see the point in what your doing. If you want T-5R on the side just buy the Volvo ones. At the moment your car is going in the rite direction for the Barry boy’s website. And for people not knowing what it is, is stupid you have a gull yellow Volvo estate if people think the thing must only be a 2.0L Volvo are stupid they must know it’s not a run of the mill model.
    tbh i aint bothered what the badge is made of be it plastic or vinyl as lomh as its a nice crisp clean black badge. the standered volvo T-5 R badge is a tiny horbible looking fadded thing. and as said before a few small little badges that say the name of the car are far from barry boys.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stainesy View Post
    and as said before a few small little badges that say the name of the car are far from barry boys.
    We'll see
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    We'll see
    yes we will lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm with volvokid, vinyl badges look cheap and tacky, at least the standard badges look right.

x

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    the standard badges look really well if yours has flaked or gone tatty why not buy some more and all i would do is get two of the little touring badges (them at the side if the t5r) and have them on the wings with some clear repeaters.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    A while ago there was a 2.0l base model kicking about that had been painted yellow, had a blue velour interior in it, it too looked chavvy, had missing wiper light etc. Its a shame that these cars are worthles now and can fall easily into the hands of Halfords warriors. BMW 5 series are in the same boat aswell now, get a big 535i Sport and then start adding as much sh*t to it as you can, stickers, jewel lights etc. However maybe their day will return and they will be wanted again !!
    Here is a 535i sport i bought recently, note the rubbish stuck on the back of it, 10 mins with a heat gun and it looks much better ! The 'jewel' effect lights were also binned in favour of OEM clear lense versions

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Banana For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 26th December 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma666 View Post
    Stainsey,
    Sell me your pegs to put on my C70
    You can have my 18" BBS wheels lol

There Titans on the T-5R not pegs

Thread Information