Join Today

Thread: Rear wash jet

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks

Rear wash jet

The rear wash jet on the old bus is playing up

I get one small squirt of water then nothing, let the button go, wait a couple of seconds press again and i get another little squirt.

Theres plenty of water in the bottle, the pump works good and all the hoses are connected, theres no pools of water under the boot boards either.

Any ideas guys ?

Cheers

Lee

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    IIRC there is a little non return valve on Drivers side, under the floor panel (the little one behind wheel arch), disconect, give it a good clean, check its working, and blow down pipe and check it sqirts onto rear window. Also worth holding pipe into magarine tub or similar, and get someone to check its pushing water up to valve ok.

HTH

Ben

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cookie For This Useful Post:

cameron (Wednesday 10th December 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    rear window washer has its own pump hiding in the washer bottle under the bonnet. Mines snuffed it & I can't be arsed to find it. lol
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Niles For This Useful Post:

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    My rear wash pump had broken, the outlet nozzle had snapped off, so when I filled up the water tank, it all leaked out LOL. I had a spare pump from a 940, so I swapped the nozzles. Been fine ever since. You have to look under the front bumper to find this pump, its attached to the chassis away from the water tank.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    there is another non return valve at rear in quarterlight area, worth checking that one as well

This user has no status

Thanks
    a good way to check is to get the small film cylinder type thing in the rear right floor panel (to the right of the spare wheel /seven seat job - open this up first then lift up the right floor flap),

disconnect the hose that leads up to the rear window from the cylinder and connect a small bit of spare hose to it,

then squirt the rear washer. If this doesnt work then , then the pump is to blame. If the hose is disconnected then reconnect and try...... If then it desnt work , new hose from cylinder up d pillar and round the roof an into the tailgate.....
    Last edited by Babybadger; Wednesday 10th December 2008 at 15:12.
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Babybadger For This Useful Post:

Thread Information